Nutrition Officer, NO-B Level, Fixed Term (Wau, South Sudan) for South Sudanese only
UNICEF South Sudan is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to express their interest in the Nutrition Officer, NO-B post based in Wau, South Sudan. The successful candidate will report to the Chief of Field Officer (Wau), and will provide professional technical advice on project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and enhancing teamwork and capacity building.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Field Officer (Wau), you will provide professional technical advice on project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and enhancing teamwork and capacity building.
Key Expected Results
- Accurate, complete and up-to-date information made available for effective budget preparation, Nutrition programme and project design, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Project efficiency and effectiveness enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
- Progress reports and project work plans timely prepared, and effective technical assistance provided in the identification of required supplies and equipment, and in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other project documentation.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments ensured.
- Knowledge sharing with donors and media promoted.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: public health and nutrition, health sciences, international health and nutrition, public health and nutrition policy and management, family health and nutrition, nutritional epidemiology, health and nutrition education, health and nutrition promotion and disease prevention, public health, health emergency preparedness, or other relevant discipline(s)
- Two years of relevant professional work experience, including in a developing country, in public health or nutrition
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Wau
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2017-03-10