Digital Communication Officer, NO-B, Cairo, Egypt. (Egyptians Only), 98781
The Communication Section in UNICEF Egypt Country Office is seeking a dedicated Communication Officer with strong experience in Digital Media. If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. The Communication Officer (Digital Media) works under the overall supervision of the Chief of Communication.
Organizational Context and Purpose for the job
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children's rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society's most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Purpose for the job
The Communication Officer is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the online communication strategy, with a focus on social media management, campaign implementation and coordination of partners. The incumbent will produce content for different social media channels, monitor performance, participate in the design and implementation of digital communication campaigns, including online media plans for promotions.
- Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Online Communication Strategy. Ensure that UNICEF CO social media channels are regularly updated and contribute to create a discourse around key priority areas, engaging in the discussion millennials, adolescents and young people, key influencers, media and other key stakeholders.
- Content Production. Ensure that the production of communication products and materials for social media channels and other digital platforms is timely executed and followed up to support country online communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities and to support resource mobilization as set out in the work plan.
- Campaign Management. Provide assistance to develop, implement and M&E digital campaigns, ensuring regular contact with creative agencies, vendors, partners involved in campaigns is established.
- Monitoring and Evaluation. Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country online communication efforts. Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
1.Online Communication Strategy
- Coordinate the social media team in monitoring and tracking social media networks to analyze feedback from users and provide them with more information when required.
- Keep UNICEF's social media channels up-to-date.
- Identify key influencers and partners that can help amplify UNICEF's voice and interact with them on regular basis.
- Support online reputation management.
- Help Design and implement online marketing plans for social media.
- Help Implement the tasks in the country online communication work plan and strategy as assigned.
- Gather content and coverage of relevant country efforts to identify effective relevant country programme activities and results. Develop complementary, country specific and local community materials and activities.
- Produce creative advocacy and communication materials (e.g. infographs, images, videos Facebook posts, tweets, photo galleries, social media packages, etc.) that meet UNICEF standards.
- Drafting and Editing content for social media that meet UNICEF standards.
- Establish or maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including publications photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Recommend appropriate information and communication materials for use on social media platforms.
- Recommend established contacts, networks, resources and processes to support online communication activities.
- Help Produce concept notes and briefings for the selection of creative agencies to be engaged in the design of digital campaigns.
- Coordinate inputs from programme sections and make sure the narrative of the campaigns is aligned with UNICEF Egypt priorities.
- Liaise with agencies and partners and provide the information required.
- Give inputs to improve creative proposals and online media plans in order to amplify the impact of the campaigns.
- Follow up campaign implementation and performance.
- Elaborate monitoring reports using social media analytic/listening tools and assist in the evaluation process, by working on creating TOR, establishing indicators, doing desk reviews and other tasks as required.
4.Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of online/social media materials.
- Monitor the public perception of UNICEF on digital platforms and recommend appropriate action to maintain a positive image for the organization and support to the issues it promotes. For this the use of social media analytic/listening tools will be required.
- Ensure good quality data collection, analysis and evaluation and reporting to ensure effective communication strategies, planning and effective and efficient advocacy.
- Produce reports in order to measure and optimize social media marketing and brand positioning.
- Undertake lessons learned review of successful and unsuccessful communication experiences as directed by supervisor.
- Help organize and generate public support for special events and activities to promote country programme goals.
- Competencies and level of proficiency required
- Core Values
- Diversity and inclusion
- Core competencies
- Communication [ II ]
- Working with People [ I ]
- Drive for Results [ I ]
- Functional Competencies:
- Formulating strategies/concepts (I)
- Relating and networking (I)
- Persuading and influencing (I)
- Applying technical expertise (I)
- Learning and researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
Education: University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or other relevant discipline(s)
Experience: A minimum of two years practical professional work experience handling social media channels and listening/social media analytic tools, liaising with partners and creating content.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Arabic and English is a must