Human Resources Assistant (RHR) , GS-5, Temporary Appointment - 364 days
Your chance to use your TALENTS to help UNICEF saves lives and changes lives of children.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The position will strengthen the capacity of the Regional Human Resources (RHR) section by increasing the administrative and operational functions in the office and provide additional support to the varies regional HR functions including day to day admin and clerical support to the Regional Chief of HR.
The Human Resources Assistant provides a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of HR functions in ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to country offices and ensuring compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
The incumbent is expected to provide overall administration and travel support to RHR staff and Regional Chief of HR, as well as support to recruitments, staff selection approvals, learning and development (L&D), HR team site maintenance, HR data management, reporting and HR analytics.
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research, verify and compile data and information relevant to HR, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- Overall support to recruitment and staff selection in the Regional Office and follow up with the hiring managers and stakeholder including candidates during all stages of the process to ensure timely review of staff selection processes. The incumbent will help with screening of candidates, scheduling of interviews, timely updating HR recruitment data and systems, generating HR data reports, conducting reference check and drafting and supporting relevant selection reports.
- Support RHR in the quality assurance of country offices' staff selection, and this will include tracking incoming cases for approval, ensure complete information by liaising with country office, and facilitate the review by RHR. The incumbent is also expected to generate periodic HR reports for regional for analysis and workforce planning to identify synergies for batch recruitments in the region.
- Support L&D and regional initiatives. This will include support the review of COs learning reports and planning, updating regional L&D reports, and managing regional L&D activities. The incumbent will also responsible for all related logistical activities of L&D, workshops and events organized by the RHR team.
- Provide full admin and travel support including calendar and meeting maintenance. Also, managing and support of official travel of RHR.
- Responsible for file and database maintenance, including updating and maintenance of RHR teamsite.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education, preferably undergraduate degree supplemented by technical or university courses related to HR and non-profit organization work.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required. Minimum 2 years in human resources support role is required. UN experience preferred.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter, quick learner and good judgment.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive, client and solution oriented.
- Knowledge of ICT applications, data management and advanced Excel is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai.
- Meet UNICEF Core Value and Competencies: Commitment, Diversity &Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here.
The Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Please send application no later than 21 March 2017.
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: GS-5, General Service - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-03-21