Emerging Markets Corporate Fundraising INDIVIDUAL CONTRACT
Under the guidance of the Regional Manager corporate alliances, and in close collaboration with Programmes and Communication in LACRO, the individual contractor will identify Regional and MCA level alliances and pursue these in order to maximize the benefits for the region. RSC will lead (or delegate to the most appropriate CO) the regional or multi-country negotiations taking advantage of current contacts alliances and current ongoing relationships. Usually these alliances will be approached with a regional programmatic proposal compatible with all CPD’s and with a funding ask directed at the Regional Thematic Fund (RTF) with redistribution to the relevant CO’s. 2017 Objectives 1. Mapping in order to determine the potential of each country and the region as a whole. 2. Managing sound Fundraising operations following Due Diligence procedures. 3. Optimizing potential through regional/multi-country alliances (MCA) when possible.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras & Panama CO's initiated in January 2016 a joint consultancy managed by RSC PFP LACRO. These CO's have an aligned strategic plan for Corporate Fundraising (CFR) with a total potential estimated in the range of US$ 3 to 17 million annually.
The development of this Corporate Fundraising model has been based on optimizing the market potential and also giving priority to the companies with multi country alliance (MCA) or regional potential. This strategy will allow to raise funds locally to fill part of the funding gaps in the CO's CPD. The regional perspective is to be inclusive and consider the potential of all CO's in the region for optimizing a fundraising operation focused on cost-effective opportunities. We have assessed potential based on the global UNICEF experience.
During the LACRO PFP Workshop held in Bogota in October 2016, an evaluation of the development of the project was done by RSC, CO Representatives/Focal Points and Geneva colleagues. The participating COs and the rest of the formerly named non-PSFR CO stated their need to fundraise locally and to be part of the initiative to explore their potential. The agreement was to continue for another full year to complete a two-year cycle of the model in order to evaluate results. The efficiency of the model is to have pooled services within the region in order to service the areas needed by each country according to their maturity in fundraising operations.
Purpose of the Assignment
Under the guidance of the Regional Manager corporate alliances, and in close collaboration with Programmes and Communication in LACRO, the individual contractor will identify Regional and MCA level alliances and pursue these in order to maximize the benefits for the region. RSC will lead (or delegate to the most appropriate CO) the regional or multi-country negotiations taking advantage of current contacts alliances and current ongoing relationships. Usually these alliances will be approached with a regional programmatic proposal compatible with all CPD's and with a funding ask directed at the Regional Thematic Fund (RTF) with redistribution to the relevant CO's.
- Mapping in order to determine the potential of each country and the region as a whole.
- Managing sound Fundraising operations following Due Diligence procedures.
- Optimizing potential through regional/multi-country alliances (MCA) when possible.
The individual contractor will perform the following duties:
- Support Country Offices to define and execute corporate fundraising strategies
- Provide guidance on due diligence, proposal writing and other internal procedures to corporate fundraising focal points
- Assist Country Offices in reaching out to, negotiating with and rolling out partnerships with the corporate sector
- Define needs and facilitate webinars and materials to enhance corporate fundraising capacity at the local level
- Compile and share best practices and lessons learnt with corporate focal points
- Develop corporate fundraising and communications tools including proposal templates, Q&AsDeliverables
- PSFR market Plan for all markets in-scope with mapping – Market Split with Vierna Pierluissi to be confirmed
- Pipeline for those markets with local support service level
- Regional & MCA mapping across emerging markets and combined with PFP markets (Synergies)
- Monthly updates on projected income across emerging markets using UNISON reports
The duration of this individual contract will be of 06 months, from 01-Apr-2017 until 30-Sep-2017
- Advanced university degree in Business Management, Marketing or equivalent.
- An Undergraduate University Degree can be accepted with additional qualifying experience.
- Five years of experience in fundraising, marketing or sponsorship, ideally with experience in corporate fundraising.
- Minimum two years working experience with the private sector and very good understanding and experience of the UN system, especially UNICEF
- Experience in conducting and leading corporate social responsibility assessments is an asset
- Significant experience in at least one of the following areas: PR, brokering partnerships between international organizations and private sector
- Having an understanding of social development and working experience in the Region is an asset.
- Excellent inter-personal and networking skills
- Proven track record of working to deadlines
- Demonstrated proposal and report writing skills
- Fluent oral/written English and Spanish
- Facilitation skills, particularly design of stakeholder consultations exercises is an asset
INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR'S WORKPLACE:
The hired individual contractor will work primary from office base (Panama). No travel foreseen
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Applications must be received by 22 Mar 2016. The pre-selection of candidates will be done after closing date and tests-Interviews will take place from 27 Mar 2017 onwards. Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.