Early Childhood Care and Education Minimum Quality Service Standards
UNICEF Pacific is seeking a qualified individual to develop a comprehensive ECCE M&E framework for the MOE Vanuatu, if you are this motivated individual, please forward us your completed application.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of Assignment:
The purpose of this consultancy is two-fold:
- To develop a primary school principal self-learning induction package outlining roles and responsibilities of primary principals as well as a sub-module on supporting teachers' professional development in schools through instructional leadership (IL) and using the Vanuatu school-based in-service teacher training (VanSBITT) as a tool for promoting professional development at the school level
- To build capacity of all principals, zone curriculum advisors and Vanuatu Institute of Teacher Education In-service Unit (VITE-ISU) provincial trainers in Penama province to use and monitor the implementation of primary school principal self-learning induction package and sub-modules.
Under the supervision of the UNICEF Pacific Chief of Education and with support from the education specialist based in Suva as well as the local education consultant based in Port Vila, the consultant will work closely with the counterparts from VITE-ISU and other Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) departments to:
- Develop a primary school principal self-learning induction package outlining the roles and responsibilities of primary school principals as well as a self-learning sub-module focusing on IL and supporting teachers' professional development using the VanSBITT.
- Field test the primary school self-learning induction package as well as the IL/VanSBITT and WinS sub-modules with principals in selected schools on Efate island in Shefa province.
- Jointly prepare two training workshops, one in Ambae and one in Pentecost, to introduce the primary school principal self-learning induction package as well as the sub-modules with VITE-ISU.
- Jointly build the capacity of all primary school principals, zone curriculum advisors and provincial trainers in Penama province on the introduction and use of the primary school principal self-learning induction package as well as the sub-modules on IL/VanSBITT and WinS with VITE-ISU.
- Prepare a final report on the overall training workshop results with recommendations to further strengthen the implementation of the primary school principal self-learning induction package and sub-modules.
To ensure that all primary school principals, including newly appointed principals are confident in applying IL and professional development through VanSBITT effectively, the consultant will have to produce the following deliverables:
- Primary school principal self-learning induction package outlining their roles and responsibilities as well as a sub-module focusing on IL and supporting professional development using VanSBITT completed.
- Field testing of the primary school self-learning induction package as well as the IL/VanSBITT and WinS sub-modules with principals in selected primary schools on Efate island in Shefa province completed.
- Training workshop lesson plan, presentations and materials finalised.
- Training of primary school principals, zone curriculum advisers and provincial trainers on the use of the principal induction package as well as the IL/VanSBITT and WinS sub-modules completed.
- Final report on the overall training workshop results with recommendations to further strengthen the implementation of the primary school principal self-learning induction package as well as IL/VanSBITT and WinS sub-modules completed.All products should be in electronic and hard copy submission.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in Education with focus on curriculum development or school and instructional leadership.
Years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of experience in teacher education, training and material development and instructional design;
- Expertise in developing interactive training materials for self-learning and distance learning for adult students;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas in national contexts;
- Good facilitation and communication skills;
- Good versatility, judgment and maturity skills;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Previous working experience in the Pacific and with UNICEF education programmes will be an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Bislama useful.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills. To view our competency framework, please click here.
Detailed Terms of reference is attached EXTERNAL (TOR) ECCE MQSS Consultancy Vanuatu.docx
Interested candidates must complete the following documents to be considered
- Cover letter describing how you meet the requirements for this position
- Completion Expression of interest form attached
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
If you are unable to retrieve the Terms of Reference or Expression of Interest Form - please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Port-Vila
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education, Learning and Training
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-04-14