PARTNERSHIP MANAGER, P4, Manila
Purpose of the Position: Developing Country Office partnerships and donor relations with public and private donors, as well as the UNICEF National Committees ◦Developing resource mobilization strategies and tracking of resource mobilization efforts; ◦Tracking funding efforts and monitoring the schedule of donor reports; ◦Ensuring timely preparation and dissemination of other reports, as well as briefing documents relating to programme activities; ◦With regards to donor relations and partnerships, providing direct interface with Private Funding and Partnerships (PFP) and Private Partnerships Divisions, and Head Quarters and Regional Offices; ◦Ensuring quality of funding proposals and donor reports.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Enhance Positive Relationships with Partnerships
- Enhance positive relationships with donor groups through timely and accurate reporting and monitoring of donor interests and information needs. This includes gathering of information, consolidation, editing and production of all required reports on contributions to the Country Programme.
- Develop resource mobilization strategy and technical guidance/quality control in proposal preparation and follow-up, as well as compilation of information, editing and layout, support donor and National Committees missions through the preparation of briefing documents for advocacy or information sharing.
- Advocate and position UNICEF's brand to generate a strong positive UNICEF image to motivate and inspire donor support in collaboration with Communication section.
- Coordinate high level engagement with key donors from the public and private sectors to mobilize and influence cooperation with UNICEF to accelerate the achievement of results for children.
- Motivate and inspire the corporate sector to collaborate with UNICEF within a social responsibility approach, while nurturing and cultivating relationships with existing and new supporters and donors.
- Actively participate and contribute to the UN Coordination Team fundraising and reporting tasks within the framework of "Delivering as One" if needed.
Analysis, monitoring and reporting
- Regularly monitor and share the donor reporting schedule, to ensure that quality reports are prepared and submitted timely to donors.
- Collaborate with other staff to compile, produce and disseminate mandatory UNICEF reports.
- Propose solutions for harmonization and standardization of reporting and monitoring mechanisms in order to limit parallel reporting and enhance the quality of data collection
- Using appropriate tools and systems including InSight, report on status of Grant implementation and provide support in funds utilization and reporting.
- Prepare reports for Country Management Team and Regional Office/HQ as may be required.
Coordination with PFP & Programme units
- Enhance teamwork for management of partnerships and resource mobilization, to enhance credibility of the Philippines programme and achieve the funding targets as set out in the country programme.
- Organize training to programme staff as necessary
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in Political Science, Social Studies, Marketing, Business Administration, Communication, Public Relations or related field, with training and experience in fundraising. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
*First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Minimum 8 years progressively responsible professional experience in partnerships, fundraising, external relations, funds management, reporting or information management at the national and international level some of which with the UN and/or in a developing country is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language is an asset.
Competency Profile (For details, please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ III ]
- Working with People [ III ]
- Drive for Results [ III ]
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (III)
- Leading and Supervising (II)
- Analyzing (III)
- Relating and networking (II)
- Deciding and Initiating action (II)
- Applying technical expertise (III)
- Planning and organizing (III)
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 31 March 2017. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 503400 will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Manila
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-03-31