Staff Welfare Officer (50%)
THIS VACANCY NOTICE IS A RE-ISSUANCE OF VN EXT/F/17-22 IN ORDER TO WIDEN THE POOL OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. THE VACANCY NOTICE REFLECTS SOME MINOR CHANGES TO THE "KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS" AND "LANGUAGES" REQUIREMENTS.
The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill a position of Staff Welfare Officer on a part-time basis (50%) in the Human Resources Division. The Staff Welfare Officer works on the basis of the professional code of ethics, with which professional integrity and confidentiality are amongst the highest requirements.
Reporting to the Director of the Human Resources Division, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
1. Provide psychosocial support and counselling on a confidential basis to staff members having difficulties in personal matters such as health, family and work related problems with a view to finding practical solutions and make referrals to the mediators when applicable.
2. Provide assistance and advice to newcomers and their family on issues related to living and working conditions in the Geneva area, such as housing, schooling, work permits for spouses and household employees, etc. and participate in the induction programmes.
3. Assist staff and their families at the time of their retirement or separation from service, plan and organize the WTO annual pre-retirement seminar and attend the ILO annual pre-retirement seminar.
4. Maintain regular contacts with the Swiss Cantonal Authorities (Swiss Mission, Office Cantonal de la Population, etc) as well as the relevant French authorities in order to maintain up to date knowledge about their policies related to the WTO staff legal status in Switzerland and France (household employees, extended families residence status, retirement rights etc.).
5. Liaise with the Occupational Health Service (OHS) on illness, health problems or disability situations and attend the regular meetings of the Medical Insurance Management Committee (MIMC).
6. Act as member of the Staff Assistance Fund to assist staff members in situations of exceptional financial emergency.
7. Establish and maintain contacts with the UN Bodies (International Civil Servants Mutual Association (MEC), Association of Retirees, etc.) in order to be up to date with their social policies as well as to alert the WTO when such policies have specific interest for WTO Staff.
8. Produce and update a guide to the local amenities, regularly update information posted on the intranet system, facilitating access to housing information and local resources as appropriate.
9. Carry out other duties as required.
Advanced university degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) in psychology, sociology, social work, social science or similar discipline.
|Knowledge and skills:
A strong degree of cultural awareness and capacity to positively interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to listen actively and empathize.
Ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives.
Ability to face and cope with conflict situations with colleagues.
Ability to initiate and build relationships with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization.
High sensitivity to diversity, integrity and confidentiality.
Qualities of diplomacy, tact, discretion and judgement are essential.
Good knowledge of HR practices, rules and policies.
At least five years of directly relevant experience, preferably with exposure to an international and multi-cultural environment.
Excellent knowledge of English or French (oral and written) and a very good knowledge of the other, to be able to counsel, have formal conversations with internal clients and external partners, and to draft informal and formal documents. Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online application form.
To apply, please visit the WTO's E-Recruitment website at: https://erecruitment.wto.org.
The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE
CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
The WTO is a non-smoking environment.
- Organization: WTO - World Trade Organization
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Mid level
- Human Resources
- Social studies
- Healthcare / Social
- Closing Date: 2017-09-18