CCCM Team Leader- Assessment (National Position), Ramadi - Iraq
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk. NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the CCCM Team Leader – Assessment is to lead as a Camp Manager (CM) in formal and/or informal IDP or Refugee camps and to enable a liveable environment for vulnerable populations in sites of displacement across Iraq, the team leader will primarily be ensuring adherence to NRC policies, handbook and guidelines .
The team leader will report to CCCM project manager and will Implement delegated CCCM project portfolio according to plan of action
The position will be based in Anbar/Ramadi with frequent travel to needed areas.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A University degree in civil engineering with significant experience in Camp Management.The candidate ideally should have previous experience in carrying out participatory fieldwork, monitoring and reporting . Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English language.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the overall responsibilities of the Project Manager, the CCCM Team Leader is responsible of the following:
- Under the supervision of the Project manager, lead field team activities including the planning and implementation of activities.
- Liaise with government representatives, UN agencies, international/national NGOs and beneficiaries in order to foster coordination and build trust among all stakeholders.
- Maintain excellent relationships with local authorities, IDP community members and host community leaders in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Establish or support existing site IDP representative/site managers in developing basic site management tools and methodologies, including the facilitation of stakeholder meetings and minute taking as needed
- Support the Project Manager in performing site assessments, service mapping and stakeholder mapping; including documentation.
- Support the Project Manager and Technical Assessment Advisor with translation as necessary
- Monitor service delivery, identify gaps and duplications; document and transmit service requests/referrals to relevant service providers.
- Coordinate with all relevant service providers (international or national) as necessary to ensure that delivery of basic needs is addressed and minimal standards are respected.
- Assist with all procurements and logistical arrangements associated with the field team, in collaboration with NRC procurement and logistics staff.
- Assist in organizing the equitable and effective distribution of material in settlements.
- Disseminate critical IDP/assistance related information and provide awareness-raising as necessary, in coordination with other service providers.
- Liaise with NRC Technical Team to ensure implementation of infrastructural support in informal sites.
- A University degree in civil engineering with significant experience in Camp Management .
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts; ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations
Flexible and creative
The post will be for (8) months contract duration with possible extension - subject to fund.
Salary: 6/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Anbar/Ramadi with frequent visits to NRC field operations.
For more information, please find attached the Job Description