SVN 2017/92 (P) - Administrative and Finance Officer (P2) - Pohnpei, Micronesia
Position Title Administrative and Finance Officer
Duty Station : Pohnpei, Micronesia
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 30 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros,
Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles,
Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the administrative and financial functions of the Typhoon Maysak Reconstruction Project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in coordinating and reviewing cash flows needs according to the activities in Yap and Chuuk sub-Offices.
2. Assist the RMO in the supervision of the Mission’s human resources function in the sub-offices, including recruitment of daily laborers; personnel administration and other related activities in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures. 3. Oversee and facilitate the payroll of daily laborers; construction and distribution staff. 4. Make suggestion for procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the sub-offices in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
Page 1 / 35. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization's assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
6. Participate in providing procedural and technical guidance/support and respond to financial and administrative queries from staff in the sub-office.
7. Assist the RMO in the preparation of donor financial reports.
8. Undertake quality control checks on the requests for payments, purchase requests and other requests that will result to financial obligations.
9. Ensure coordination among the units to:
a) raise payment requests with proper verification of invoices from vendor, with complete support documentation;
b) enter in PRISM-Finance with correct GL and cost projectization ration;
c) ensure proper record of data entry in the system;
d) ensure accurate charging in GL and WBS with proper transaction in the system; 10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
• Experience preparing reports, budgets, statistics and coordinate administrative activities; • Good knowledge of human resources management;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN Common System regulations, policies and procedures;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP (PRISM) highly desirable;
• Previous work experience in the region an advantage;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting system, software and procedures a distinct advantage; • Knowledge of MS Office products and good computer literacy skills required. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of any local language is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; Page 2 / 3• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 17.05.2017 to 30.05.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/92 (P) - Administrative and Finance Officer (P2) - Pohnpei, Micronesia (55063344) Released
Posting: Posting NC55063345 (55063345) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Pohnpei
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-05-30