SVN 2017/93 (P) - Transit Centre Manager (TCM) (P2) - Agadez, Niger
Position Title Transit Centre Manager (TCM)
Duty Station : Agadez, Niger
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 30 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru,
Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of
Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Agadez and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (MRRM) in Niamey, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the provision of assistance and protection to the migrants transiting through the IOM TC in Agadez in accordance with agreed standards and guidelines. The Transit Centre Manager is responsible for ensuring that activities in the Centre are in line with the overall IOM Migrant Response and Resource Mechanisms (MRRM) strategy. Moreover s/he will be responsible in coordinating the synergic action of various IOM units, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and National partners operating within the TC of Agadez. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Act as the central focal point for all activities and issues taking place at the Transit Centre level.
2. Assist in establishing and strengthening, and monitor an effective, transparent and representative Migrant Transit Centre governance system including coordination of service provision and other defined camp activities.
Page 1 / 43. Facilitate the mobilization and participation of the Migrants in the camp governance system with particular emphasis on meaningful inclusion of all migrants in the decision-making processes.
4. Encourage and facilitate accountability towards Migrants including set up of a complaints and feedback mechanism which promotes accountability.
5. Clarify roles and responsibilities amongst stakeholders in the Transit Centre, for maintenance of the infrastructures of the Centres with a focus on sustainability and community/local government ownership.
6. Conduct and monitor registration and profiling of the migrant population. Maintain an information management system and send regular updates to the IM Unit in Niamey. 7. Ensure that Migrants are aware of the assistance and services available in the Transit Centres by IOM and its partners.
8. Support the development of effective referral mechanisms in close collaboration with relevant IOM Units and other stakeholders (such as Red Cross, NGOs).
9. Establish, support and monitor and TC committees act and ensure the respect of an agreed Codes of Conduct.
10. Ensure appropriate links with national/local authorities, state institutions, civil society and other relevant stakeholders, including effective coordination and information exchange with them.
11. Provide defined services particularly in cases where multi-sector response is called for and establish clear referral pathways in technical sectors, if needed and where possible. 12. Monitor service provision including cross-cutting services such as prevention and response to sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), health, psychosocial support and HIV among others in all sectors of the camp according to agreed guidelines, standards and indicators. 13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in institutional strengthening, capacity building related activities in a developing country and post-conflict context;
• Experience in programme management, preferably in natural disaster, and other displacement situations;
• Experience in project formulation and implementation at national and international levels; • Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, and with other national and international institutions;
• Familiarity with the region is an asset.
Page 2 / 4Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Portuguese and Arabic is an advantage.
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4From 17.05.2017 to 30.05.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/93 (P) - Transit Centre Manager (TCM) (P2) - Agadez, Niger (55063450) Released
Posting: Posting NC55063470 (55063470) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Gardēz (Afghanistan)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-30