Camp Management Database Assistant (National Position), Hamam Al-Alil, Nineveh - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the Camp Management Database Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the CCCM projects in Hamam Al-Alil, Nineveh. The Camp Management Database Assistant reports to CCCM Project Coordinator and technically to M&E Coordinator. The position is based in Hamam Al-Alil.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate in computer science or related fields with two (2) years of working experience as a database assistant or relevant field in company or in humanitarian and recover/context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is necessary. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To work closely with the CCCM PC to ensure that data collected for NRC’s Programme activities is processed, cross-checked and analyzed in relation to Programme objectives.
- To design and maintain the project's online filing system to ensure that data and updated information is archived for easy access and reference.
- To design and maintain mobile data collection (or equivalent like Kobo toolkit) and analysis system for the CCCM programme.
- To check databases for changes and errors and to make corrections, as needed.
- To work closely with CCCM teams to ensure that the information brought back from the field is able to be quickly transferred to database systems.
- To undertake community visits with field staff, when requested.
- Produce reports containing qualitative and quantitative information as requested by the CCCM Project Coordinator.
To train co-workers who have access to the systems or work at the field.
- General knowledge of NGO M&E systems.
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills;
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office Suite, MS Access, SQL, and Google Earth or other GIS software; Knowledge of Mobenzi, Kobo etc.
- Data collection applications and iForm design are also strongly recommended.
- Ability to build and maintain database systems in MS Access and SQL.
- Ability to prioritise needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
The post will be required until end of December 2017 with possible extension-subject to fund.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hamam Al Alil, Nineveh Area Office with some travels to NRC field offices.
For more information, please find attached the job description.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ali Sabieh
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-06-26