MD Doctor for Mobile Health Team
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
MD Doctor for Mobile Health Team
Number of Positions:
The position is project Based
Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
18, June, 2017
28, June, 2017
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The MD doctor is responsible for checking OPD patients and to assist with concerned health facility staff in related activities. Fill and compile related registers and daily tally sheets for proper documentation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Medical doctor
- At least two or three years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Must be fluent in local languages (Dari and Pashto)
- Previous BPHS experience is desirable
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good team work spirit and self-motivated
- Able to attend and cover Emergency, internal, surgical and pediatric cases
- Being an Afghan citizen.
- Provide direct patient care
- Provide curative service to patients according to BPHS (Basic Package of Health Services)
- Provide appropriate patient education
- Report immediately suspected epidemic diseases
- Develop good understanding of BPHS strategy and help others staff aware about the same
- Respect all MoPH rules and regulations pertaining to staff
- Provide direct Nursing care dressing and injection
- Comply with MoPH protocols
- Comply with MoPH and EPI protocols and cross train in vaccination
- Will conduct growth monitoring
- To provide appropriate patient education
- Will conduct MoPH community health education sessions
- To monitor the documents used for hospital/clinic supply and re-order supplies
- Identify and report immediately any problems that may interfere in achieving program objectives
- To dispose of all sharp and glass waste in a safe manner according to the guidelines
- Will take any other responsibilities assigned by the up level management
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Application without proper job number/post title and after closing date will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
© Copyright 2015 Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Laghman
- Grade: Level not specified
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2017-06-28