Technical Specialist, Family Planning/Reproductive Health (FP/RH), Bamako, Mali, P-4
The Technical Specialist post is located in the UNFPA Mali Country Office. S/he reports to the Representative, who provides overall direction and supervision, and plays the Team Leader role for sexual and reproductive health in the Country Office. As the Technical Specialist for the Family Planning and Team Leader for Sexual and Reproductive Health, s/he will work within an integrated, coordinated and systems strengthening approach that is fundamental for UNFPA overall strategy in Mali.
The Technical Specialist Family Planning/RH will work closely with UNFPA Supplies team at the global and regional levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in public health, health economics, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post.
- Seven years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area, of which three years at the international level;
- Understanding of areas relevant to UNFPA’s mandate such as family planning, maternal health, sexual and reproductive health, gender based violence, and population dynamics;
- Demonstrated expertise in policy engagement within developing countries, including middle income countries;
- Established global and regional professional networks related to RH/FP;
- Field experience is required, ideally within the Africa region.
- Fluency in French and advanced knowledge of English, with strong oral communication and writing skills required.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Bamako
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2017-07-07