Driver (G-2), Tashkent, Uzbekistan (For Uzbekistan nationals and only UN staff eligible to apply)
The post of the Driver is aimed to support the implementation of programme activities of UNICEF Uzbekistan Country Office.
The vacancy is open only for internal candidates (UN Staff)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job organizational context: The post of the Driver is aimed to support the implementation of programme activities of UNICEF Uzbekistan Country Office.
Purpose for the job: Under the direct supervision of Admin/Fin Officer, operates and maintains office vehicle and performs driving responsibilities assigned.
Key Expected Results:
1. Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
2. Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
4. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
5. Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
6. Performs other duties, as required.
Impact of Results:
Job requires application of the twenty driving principles, UNICEF guidelines on vehicle administration in the field as a normal part of the duties. Errors and not compliance with established rules and procedures could damage health of personnel transported and result in destruction of UNICEF property.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
- Primary Education; valid driver's license and knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Two years of UN work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English.
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Tashkent
- Grade: GS-2, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-08-14