INT 2017/18 -Intern – Information and Communications Technology (ICT) MigAPP - Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Intern – Information and Communications Technology (ICT) MigAPP Project
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland
Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. Context:
The Information and Communications Technology Division (ICT) in the Department of Resources Management (DRM) is managing and developing the MigApp project. Overall, ICT is responsible for directing, planning and implementing a global information technology and communications infrastructure strategy, information systems, architecture and infrastructure in line with the Organization strategic and business objectives.
The Intern will work under the guidance and supervision of the MigApp Project Manager and in cooperation with other colleagues in the Field Missions and IOM Headquarters. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the MigApp Project Manager and in accordance with the overall
direction of the Director of ICT, the Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities: a. Assist in the development of a Marketing Strategy including the Social Media and conduct the related research in coordination with the Project Manager. A good working understanding of the features and the target of the App must be acquired through working with the Business Analyst. b. Develop a Social Media work plan for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn in order to strategize and schedule posts and to promote as well as execute events. Possibility to include other social media platforms in the strategy could be considered.
c. Create and post original content to the social media channels on regular basis, and use social media management tools to plan forward-looking post over weekend.
d. Work closely with the MigApp Focal Points to establish content ideas for the week/month. e. Assist with streamlining the MigApp marketing campaign and social media accounts ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing page, graphics, pictures, etc. f. Track and address feedback and reviews of users.
g. Support the organization and implementation of marketing campaign activities in target countries including the set up team for marathons, in coordination with the Country/Regional Page 1 / 3Focal Points.
h. Oversee and coordinate the local telecommunication activities, including contacting local Telecoms to send sms to potential users.
I. Provide administrative support and database maintenance and updates. j. Undertake any other tasks as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, the Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, International Affairs or any related discipline. Experience
• Strong background in Communications and Marketing;
• Computer literacy, especially database tools;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure and portfolios; • Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines; • Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently Languages
•Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is desirable. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Page 2 / 3• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions. Other:
The incumbent will acquire technical knowledge in the Information and Communications Technology Division.
He/She will also gain in-site experience in working with an international organization. Carte de Legitimation
The Organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional queries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
• IOM provides a small monthly stipend; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.07.2017 to 31.07.2017
Requisition: INT 2017/18 - Intern – ICT MigAPP - Geneva, Switzerland (55121542) Released Posting: Posting NC55121543 (55121543) Released
Page 3 / 3