Programme Specialist (Corporate Alliances and CSR Specialist), # 100257, P-3, Panama city, Panama
The Corporate Alliances and CSR Specialist ensures the implementation of the fundraising strategy and achieve the targets set, while also promoting the ‘Children’s Rights and Business Principles’.
The current cycle of cooperation of UNICEF Panama (2016-2020) has among its priority areas: strengthening the work with the private sector among other social actors. To achieve this, two working objectives have been established: first to strengthen the CSR strategies to ensure and promote the rights of children in workspaces, and second to implement the fundraising strategy for UNICEF with the private sector in the country.
To date, the work of UNICEF in Panama with the private sector has been focusing on enhancing Corporate Social Responsibility, within the framework of the ten Business Principles for Child Rights, achieving alliances with CONEP (Nacional Council for Private Companies), SUMARSE (Global Compact’s branch in Panama) among others.
The implementation of the fundraising strategy is in its early stage, and its execution is being technically supported by UNICEF LACRO’s team for PFP (Private Sector Fundraising and Partnership).
The implementation of the fundraising strategy requires a strong technical support to achieve the objectives set for the Country Programme cycle 2016 – 2020 which is to contribute to positive changes in the lives of children in Panama.
The resources generated through partnerships will contribute to the maximization of the scope of interventions of UNICEF Panama, focusing on reducing the number of children and adolescents out of school, and building a system for the comprehensive protection of children’s rights.
In 2013, UNICEF Panama undertook an in-depth analysis of the partnership potential in the country and identified the opportunities of fundraising from private sector. Based on such analysis, UNICEF Panama elaborated a fundraising strategy in 2016 for the new programme cycle. The corporate fundraising strategy 2016- 2020 focuses on leveraging UNICEF’s brand assets to raise flexible funds through multi-year Cause Marketing and Customer-based Fundraising.
The Corporate Alliances and CSR Specialist must ensure the implementation of the fundraising strategy and achieve the targets set, while also promoting the ‘Children’s Rights and Business Principles’.
ROLE OF THE SPECIALIST
Under the general supervision and leadership of the Representative, the Corporate Alliances and CSR Specialist will implement and continue to develop the fundraising strategy of UNICEF Panama and will promote the implementation of the ‘Children’s Rights and Business Principles’.
The specific activities of the assignment are:
- Continue the implementation of the fundraising strategy of UNICEF Panama elaborated in 2016 in coordination with the Representative, Programme Officers and UNICEF LACRO PFP unit.
- In liaison with PFP Geneva and LACRO, support the representative in establishing PFP and CSR capacity and structure toward the Country Programme results.
- Translate the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) No. 17 on the means of implementation and global partnership into concrete actions UNICEF Panama can take in 2017-2018 in the context of government priorities and United Nations Country Team (UNCT).
- Identify and map out areas of integration between partnership and programme and inform the Country Programme about potential synergistic partnership opportunities in terms of C4D, Advocacy, Child Protection, Climate Change, SDGs, etc.
- Conduct in-depth research on the partnership potentials of select private sector partners such as ACP (Administration of Canal of Panama), International Airport of Tocumen, logistics companies, cruises, and ports.
- Reach out, negotiate, follow up and develop corporate partnerships with companies for fundraising, following the pipeline created by UNICEF LACRO and Panama Country Office.
- Ensure effective corporate grants management in the country office, according to UNICEF financial rules and regulations, by regular monitoring and reporting to the Country Management Team (CMT).
- Empower the country office staff in effective and optimum corporate funds utilization respecting the timelines.
- Develop all the communication and fundraising materials required for the meetings, negotiations, follow up, and events related to corporate allies and fundraising strategy.
- Support the identification of new private partners for UNICEF Panama, and in renewal of existing alliances; collaborate with LACRO on the partnerships with regional scope, especially those that are based physically in Panama.
- Based on the best practices found in other countries, disseminate the ‘Children’s Rights and Business Principles’ and their implementation in the LAC region.
- Support the Representative in managing and implementing the Resource mobilization strategy of the office.
- Prepare comprehensive and substantive briefing notes for the Representative for her meetings with resource partners, including the private sector.
- Support the Communication unit in positioning UNICEF as the partner of choice of the Panamanian private sector and in developing communication strategies for local corporate partnerships throughout the year.
- Advanced University degree in Business Management, Marketing o equivalent. Other degrees may be accepted if additional qualified experience is shown of work experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in PFP and CSR issues, institutional fundraising and content marketing for social organizations
- Knowledge of development cooperation required
- Knowledge of United Nations and especially UNICEF’s mandate and system will be valued
Additionally, experience in fundraising for organizations of the United Nations, especially for UNICEF and UNICEF National Committees is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Ability to write quality reports and proposals
Advisory capacity required, in particular for consultation exercises with different stakeholders
Fluency in Spanish and English
The assignment is office-based in UNICEF Panama in Panama City, Republic of Panama with some travels to the interiors and overseas
Highly responsible individual with the following:
- Core Values: Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Commitment
- Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results
- Functional Competencies: Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Relating and Networking, Analyzing, Persuading and Influencing, Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Panamá (Panama)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-08-11
Jerusalem | Gaza (Israel)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Paris | Port-au-Prince (France)