Consultancy - Records and Archives Management Officer - ECM/ICTD, New York
New York City (United States of America)
The purpose of this consultancy is to draft archival and records management policies and procedures, draft and provide support for guidelines around records and archives management in country and regional offices with a focus on physical records, and support the capacity building of the archives function in NYHQ. The consultancy assignment is for 11.5 months.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved document and records management and retention, improved search functionality, strengthened archives management, a new digital preservation capability, content reuse and repurposing, and collaboration across UNICEF. The project also seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant cost and time savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to draft archival and records management policies and procedures, draft and provide support for guidelines around records and archives management in country and regional offices with a focus on physical records, and support the capacity building of the archives function in NYHQ.
- Recommend and support an approach to harmonizing electronic classification and retention with physical records/archives classification and retention
- Upon completion of #1, draft records management policies and procedures for physical records, including retention schedule support
- Draft guidelines for UNICEF field offices, to support them in records management, and also in archival management including preservation and digitization directions for field offices
- support the development of the physical archives in NYHQ by implementing or assisting in implementation of classification, retention and disposition actions, and other related duties, together with
- Provide support to existing records and archives activities
- Analysis and recommendations on classification and retention
- Policies and procedures drafted as required
- Physical archives fully established in NYHQ
- An advanced university degree (Master's) in Records and or Archives Management
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in records and archives management
- Experience with physical archives
- Previous hands on experience in project management is desirable
- Understanding of SharePoint desirable
- English and French are the working languages of UNICEF. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.