Senior Material Master Administrator, GS-7, TA, OATC, UNICEF Supply Division, Cph
UNICEF Supply Division is seeking a Material Master Administrator (temporary appointment) to be responsible for the creation and maintenance of materials in VISION (SAP) in collaboration with different material owners, other centres involved in material creation and UNICEF country offices.
Senior Material Master Administrator
GS-7 level, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
12 month temporary appointment
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, commitment
The Operational Analysis and Technology Centre (OATC) provide ICT services for Supply Division (SD) to support UNICEF global supply chain operations. The services portfolio includes systems analysis, business process analysis, material master data administration, VISION (SAP) user roles oversight, and infrastructure & customer support (helpdesk) services and solutions development. ICT services are delivered via four units. They are HelpDesk, Infrastructure, Business Process and Systems Development.
This position is placed in the Business Process Unit within the Operational Analysis & Technology Center (OATC)
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance of the Business Analyst in the Business Process Unit (BPU) of the Operational Analysis and Technology Centre (OATC), the Material Master Administrator is responsible for the creation and maintenance of materials in VISION (SAP) in collaboration with different material owners, other centres involved in material creation and UNICEF country offices. In addition, the MM administrator is responsible to continuously improve material master management towards optimized supply chain processes and practices through enhanced data quality and streamlined process.
This position will also be providing user support related to material master for Supply Logistics modules and Supply CRM system under VISION primarily for Copenhagen and on an as needed basis for UNICEF field offices globally.
- Administer material master data maintenance in VISION (SAP) including creation, update, depletion as well as coordination with other stakeholders involved in the process. Keep a log of change activities and manage responses to requests from field offices.
- Ensure data in the SAP CRM product master and the Web Catalogue are synchronised; monitor and troubleshoot problems relating to the web catalogue.
- Ensure high quality and accurate data through regular monitoring and review, identification of issues and corresponding corrections.
- Prepare data analytics and reports on material master as required.
- Lead the review of business process on material master including the possible development of a workflow application for material master data maintenance.
- Active involvement in the redesign of the material master setup in VISION (SAP) that will provide unique material number per product and supplier. Conduct research and analysis on best practices in different industries like pharmaceuticals, retail, etc.
- Provide support on material master related issues, coordinate resolution of issues with other stakeholders.
- Participate in testing of bug fixes and newly developed functions in SAP and CRM related to material master.
- Provide training and guidance SD staff on material master and relationship to supply chain functions. Prepare training materials and technical documentation on material master.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Centre Chief.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education supplemented with university courses in Computer Science, Business Administration, engineering or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant professional work experience in the area of material master data administration, with at least three years of hands-on experience in SAP material master data.
- Experience in data extraction, analysis and reporting using SAP tables.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office suite, especially Excel
- Strong statistical and analytical skills for data extraction and analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills for provision of general guidance and making presentations or conducting training
- Fluency in English.
Residency and valid work permit for Denmark
- Experience in SAP materials management module (purchasing) and sales and distribution module (sales).
- Knowledge and work experience in supply chain business process documentation and analysis
- Prior work experience in international organizations such as the United Nations or similar is an advantage
- Working knowledge of another UN language.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. In addition, the following functional competencies will be required for this position:
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organising
- Following Instructions & Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
The closing date of this position is 29 August 2017.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. All applications should be in English and applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Lilia Winkel-Petersen at email@example.com
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Copenhagen
- Grade: GS-7, General Service
- Closing Date: 2017-08-29