Individual Contractor: Part - Time Receptionist, COS, Geneva (11.5 months)
UNICEF’s Geneva Common Services (COS) Operations within the Private Fundraising and Partnerships Division (PFP), has an opportunity for a part-time Receptionist who under the supervision of the Administrative Officer will undertake regular and ad-hoc COS assignments in relation to UNICEF’s corporate engagement.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
COS Operations is seeking to hire a part-time Receptionist that will manage the reception desk. The assignment requires high flexibility and an "on-call" approach.
1) Receive visitors, ensure that they are properly signed in/ registered, and notify the relevant UNICEF staff member of their arrival.
2) Answer phones coming to the switchboard, ensuring that calls are handled promptly and politely, and transferred to the appropriate staff member.
3) Sale of UNICEF products to staff and visitors. Open and close sales related cash, book sales of items and ensures communication is provided in relation to availability of local stock.
4) Receive and record e-sales according to e-sale operating procedures. Check materials and distribute e-sales order to staff accordingly.
5) Ensure that the reception area is clean, attractive, and welcoming to staff and visitors.
6) Replace the reception desk Coordinator during absences and leave
7) Assist with administrative tasks when required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• Completion of Secondary Education is a requirement.
• Previous work experience as a receptionist would be an advantage.
• Fluency in French and English is a requirement.
• Sound knowledge of IT tools, such as Excel and Outlook.
• Work experience with UN/UNICEF would be an advantage.
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
• High flexibility and availability.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
1. Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
2. Core Competencies
• Communication [I]
• Drive for Result [I]
• Working With People [I]
3. Functional Competencies (Required)
• Learning and Researching [I]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [I]
• Planning and Organizing [I]
• Analysing [I]
To view our Competency Framework click here
Duration and working schedule
The position is part time and work schedule could vary from 2 hours to a full day. In case of absence of the other part-time receptionist, the contractor could be required to work full time.
A physician’s certificate of good health and proof of health insurance coverage must be provided by the selected candidate prior to commencement of work.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Level not specified
- Closing Date: 2017-08-17