Temporary Appointment: Knowledge and Reporting Specialist, P3, Geneva (11.5 months)
The Knowledge and Reporting Specialist will be responsible for analysing complex data and information to produce reports, briefing notes, factsheets, intranet content, presentations, and other knowledge products for the Division. This will allow the organization to track progress on goals and commitments for children and advance strategic planning.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Background and Context
UNICEF is the agency of the United Nations mandated to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF strives to establish children’s rights as international standards of behaviour towards children. UNICEF’s role is to mobilise political will and material resources to help countries ensure a “first call for children". UNICEF is committed to ensuring special protection for the most disadvantaged children.
The Division of Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP), based in Geneva, coordinates all private fundraising and engagement activities of UNICEF, including the work with National Committees and Country Offices.
The Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) based in Geneva, Switzerland aims to achieve results for children by maximizing UNICEF's private fundraising and advocacy around the world. To carry out this mission, PFP coordinates fundraising activities and private sector partnerships with 34 National Committees for UNICEF and 21 of the organization's country offices. The Division also implements global strategies in child rights advocacy, communication and brand positioning in National Committee countries through a range of partnerships, including with the media, corporations, civil society and young people.
The Strategic Planning Section supports all PFP sections by providing strategic planning, research, information and knowledge, and developing monitoring tools and indicators for tracking performance.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Ensure that PFP has useful, valid and reliable information on the performance of private sector fundraising and private sector engagement activities, including their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability.
• Assist in the generation and management of content which enhances partnership and coordination between PFP, National Committees, country offices, and private sector partners to collectively track progress on goals and commitments for children.
• Facilitate the development of strategic documents and reports on results and activities for the Division by coordinating processes and analysing complex data and information.
• Develop and implement the knowledge management priorities of PFP in close coordination with the UNICEF Knowledge Management Working Group.
• Support the revision and development of content for the PFP Intranet site and other platforms.
• Enable timely communication, collaboration and knowledge sharing among PFP, National Committees and country offices.
• The Knowledge and Reporting Specialist will report to the Chief of Strategic Planning in PFP.
• He/she will work closely with the Knowledge Management Working Group
• While the Specialist will produce knowledge products of a cross-divisional nature, he/she will specifically support knowledge product generation for Private Sector Fundraising.
Qualifications and Attributes
• Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Human Rights, Corporate Social Responsibility, Communication, Marketing, Social Sciences Policy and Planning, or related field.
• At least six years’ experience in international development, including UNICEF experience.
• A strong knowledge management background is required, including 2 years of experience in knowledge management, reporting, planning M&E, application of children’s rights to sustainable development, market research or another relevant field.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and information.
• Demonstrated ability to design products in an easy to digest, visually appealing format.
• Robust understanding of how UNICEF works around the world.
• Knowledge of how UNICEF works with the private sector is a considerable asset.
• Proven record of excellent English writing, communication and design skills.
• Attention to detail and track record of timely delivery against objectives.
• Computer literacy in applications such as (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Microsoft Publisher and SharePoint).
• Must be creative and self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills (thinks outside of the box), good networking and collaboration skills paired with the ability to inspire others and strong drive for results.
• Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of a second UN language, especially French, is considered an asset.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (Level III)
- Working with People (Level II)
- Drive for Results (Level II)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (Level II)
- Relating and Networking (Level I)
- Analysing (Level II)
- Persuading and Influencing (Level II)
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- International Relations
- Human Rights
- Closing Date: 2017-08-18