Procurement & Logistics Assistant
We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Procurement & Logistics Assistant to work in Homs under service contract.
Who are we?
DRC has been working in the MENA region since 2003 and is currently one of the few international organizations registered and operating legally in the countries of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Jordan. Since 2013, DRC has been operating as the largest INGO responding to the Syrian crisis in Syria and Lebanon and has assisted over 1 million refugees and IDPs a year. DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008, mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihood and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs).
About the job
Support the logistics and procurement in looking after DRC premises including main office, guest houses, warehouses and community centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete order request for procuring goods/ service for small amount of money (Single Quote) under supervision of procurement officer.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Distribute the RFQ for All Materials for community Center.
- Complete all maintenance request in community Center.
- Receive of material delivered by suppliers and check of quantity and quality according to the Contract / PO under supervision of logistic officer.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Responsible for the supervision, monitoring, and detailed recording of the community center warehouse (if applicable) warehouse and stock movement activities consistent with DRC procedures requiring complete accuracy and timely delivery, and ensure proper warehouse management.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring asset management in the community center, under supervision of logistics officer, and updating asset list as required, and ensuring maximum availability and implementation of controls and monitoring mechanisms for all logistics assets such as generators, computers and all other.
- Communicate frequently and appropriately with colleagues, including those whom you report to and work closely with.
- Ensure appropriate filing of all procurement and logistics files, and to keep accurate tracking and documentation for audit purposes in coordination with the main office.
- Manage the site visits for all wash and shelter projects.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Institute degree
- Minimum two years experience in logistics, procurement or admin.
- Good skills in Microsoft office
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic languages.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality is a definite pre-requisite
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with flexibility and respect for all team members
- University degree in Business Administration or relevant education.
- Advanced computer skills
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Service contract scale.
Interested? Then apply for this position, copy and paste this link https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=149176&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5, and click on "Apply for position". All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV in the same language as the vacancy note. Applications close on the 29th of August 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Homs
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2017-08-29