Please kindly note that this is a roster and all the job responsibilities listed in the current VA is only for reference. We may contact you directly if there is a suitable opportunity in further and a more specific JD will then be shared. We may also send the job alter to you via the email you registered. Therefore, please ensure you input the correct email address.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Identify, formulate and manage policy research projects on key socioeconomic and environmental issues, in particular poverty reduction and inclusive growth, development finance, global economic governance, among others.
2. Build, maintain relationships and work directly with key and influential economic and development policy-makers and thinkers in China and abroad
3. Design, produce and publish independent and policy-relevant research (e.g., discussion papers) on key development issues
4. preparation and dissemination of external policy briefs and research notes on key development issues
5. analyze quantitative and qualitative data, trends and other economist's findings on China's and global socioeconomic and environmental issues
1. Leadership: ability to persuade others to follow
2. Communication and Relationship Management: ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
3. Innovation: ability to make new and useful ideas work
4. People Management: ability to improve performance and satisfaction
5. Delivery: ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
6. Technical Competency-based on specific job
Required Skills and Experience
Education: University Degree or above in Development Economist or other relevant field
Experience: 0 to 10 years of progressively responsible for resource mobilization/strategic partnership building
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Chinese.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Beijing (China)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31