Programme Analyst-Economic Governance (Open to Cambodian Nationality Only)
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Economic and Governance;
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Economic and Governance programme;
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners;
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project;
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the Economic and Governance programme;
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Contribute to inter-agency coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence for Economic and Governance in the Cambodia;
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts.
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities;
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Economic and Governance programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports;
- Supervise Programme Associates and Assistant.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to Economic and Governance;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on Economic and Governance.
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of feminist economics and gender-responsive governance
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the Economic Governance is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Khmer is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.