Technical HR Officer - Recruitment (Nationals Only) - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
Under the direction of the Human Resources Coordinator or the designate, take lead in the recruitment processes ensuring transparency, timeliness and proper documentation in the process
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team members performance.
- Supports assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs, supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans and/or Provides advanced technical support and develops capacity building initiatives to enhance the technical knowledge and professional development of staff.
- Monitors the progress of the team activities and ensures they are implemented conform planning, quality guidelines, budget and (donor) guidelines. and/or Monitors on progress and on the quality of the team output.
- Develops with the assigned team, Quarterly activity plans and/or Feeds in the Quarterly team activity plan with technical experience and knowledge.
- Ensures compliance with NRC (global and national) policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or proposes new initiatives to bridge gaps and implements these.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate key processes and gaps in the team activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analysis over team activities, signals trends and patterns compiles one team report.
- Take lead in all national staff recruitments ensuring that the webrecruiter is updated at all times.
- Take lead in ensuring the implementation of the recruitment system, and the recruitment tools including the recruitment SOPs
- Participate in interviews and ensure transparency in the process.
- Develop and manage a Job Description database and ensure its updated regularly
- Ensure the recruitment files are complete and updated with every stage of recruitment both hard copies and on the webrecruiter and apology letters are issued and files archived in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the training and personnel units to ensure induction for new joiners are completed
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits
- Take initiative in sourcing for potential candidates using a variety of outlets and websites, participating in job fairs while effectively targeting the right kinds of candidates for the job.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by line manager or designate.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate in Human Resources or any relevant degree, with a minimum of three years previous experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable, with demonstrated knowledge of multiple recruitment tools and methods, good knowledge of English, written and spoken.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, to have the ability to analyze data and trends for informed decisions and Capacity building skills.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received; prior to the deadline and position will close once suitable candidate is identified
Contract period: Through 31st of December 2017
Salary/benefits: 1347 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-10-23