New Delhi | Lusaka | Johannesburg | Nairobi | Dakar | Manila
Locations: Offices in Asia (India and Philippines) and Africa (Kenya, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia)
IDinsight designs, deploys, and promotes evidence-generating tools that help reduce poverty around the world. We tailor gold-standard methodologies to practitioner needs and enable continuous improvement by using the right tools at the right time. We serve governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially-impactful businesses across many sectors including health, education, agriculture, governance, financial inclusion, energy, and sanitation.
About the Manager Position
Managers are dynamic, diverse leaders who are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional analytical skills, and thrive in an entrepreneurial, developing country setting. IDinsight invests heavily in our employees’ professional development and expects them to think critically and creatively about how to maximize our clients’ social impact.
Managers oversee all aspects of client engagements (with support from IDinsight technical team, operations team and senior leadership) to support each client in achieving social impact goals. Towards this end, Managers are expected to utilize a diverse skill set, including establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients, mentoring high-performing early career professionals (Associates), and developing expertise in a broad range of econometric, data, and field experiment tools.
- Client Liaising- Managers establish themselves as experts and trusted advisors to IDinsight clients. Managers use this position to provide high quality counsel and support based on rigorous evidence for senior leaders in governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially impactful businesses.
- Technical Skills- Managers harness and direct the intellectual horsepower fueling IDinsight project teams. Managers lead all elements of IDinsight evaluation and advisory projects, including evaluation design, project management, oversight of analytical processes, engagement of internal and external experts, and construction of high-quality communication materials including policy briefs, technical reports, and presentation materials. Managers need not be Stata wizards, but must be able to develop a deep and nuanced understanding of how econometric, data, and field experiment tools can be tailored to client needs.
- Mentorship of Teams- Managers have the opportunity to professionally develop IDinsight junior staff in order to help them achieve their long-term career goals. Associates have exceptional raw talent, and are very energetic to learn from Managers in order to hone various skills.
- IDinsight growth- Managers are encouraged to contribute to IDinsight's organizational development by helping to improve and refine the IDinsight approach, develop new client engagements, oversee country offices, lead internal initiatives and special projects such as open new IDinsight offices or launch new services.
Skill and career development for Managers is essential for IDinsight’s long-term impact. With support from IDinsight leadership, Managers maintain self-directed professional development plans and are given "stretch" opportunities designed to strengthen their professional skills. Real-time feedback and structured reviews are regularly provided to maximize each Manager's expertise. IDinsight’s entrepreneurial culture allows roles and career progression to be tailored to individual strengths, interests, and goals. Due to IDinsight's expansion, all Manager positions are considered "Partner-track" and career growth is expected for high performers.
- Deep passion to improve lives around the world
- Demonstrated interest in the use of evidence, rigorous impact measurement, and data to improve international development policies and programs
- Advanced degree, preferably in public policy, economics, public administration, business, or public health
- 4-8 years relevant work experience, including managerial experience in a developing country
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with senior officials
- Proven ability to lead and motivate other staff in a dynamic, multicultural environment
- Outstanding quantitative and critical thinking skills, with nuanced understanding of econometric, data, and field experiment tools, including but not limited to statistical software (Stata wizards welcome, but not mandatory)
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
Note: Manager/Senior Manager title will depend on qualifications.
Manager positions will be based in India (Delhi or other cities), Kenya (Nairobi), the Philippines (Manila), Senegal (Dakar), South Africa (Johannesburg), and Zambia (Lusaka) with possible significant regional travel dependent on project needs and possibilities to move as we open new offices.
Compensation and Start Dates
Compensation is commensurate with relevant experience and background, and competitive within the social sector. Rolling start dates (start dates range from immediate to flexible) and minimum two-year commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight beyond initial commitment.
Please apply online using the APPLY button below. You will be asked to fill in information (including standardized test scores, relevant coursework, geographic preferences, and references) and submit relevant documents (resume and brief cover letter). More information, including spotlights of current and past employees, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to careers@IDinsight.org.
IDinsight reviews applications on a regular basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer.
- Organization: IDinsight
- Location: New Delhi | Lusaka | Johannesburg | Nairobi | Dakar | Manila
- Grade: Senior
- International Relations
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2017-11-18