Programme Analyst - Women Economic Empowerment
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme documents and proposals and new initiatives;
- Provide technical inputs to identify strategic interventions related to the program (WEE )and engage with the country team in developing strategy notes,
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities;
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women Economic Empowerment programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports;
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to Women Economic Empowerment;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on Women Economic Empowerment.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of technical area;
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women's studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the Women Economic Empowerment is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
- Knowledge of Resource Mobilization is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.