United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) / Partnership for Women’s Economic Empowerment in South Caucasus, Programme Assistant
UN Women Country Office in Georgia in close partnership and with financial support of the Swiss Development Cooperation Agency is implementing the project “Partnership for Women’s Economic Empowerment in South Caucasus” in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. The expected project results will support implementation of UN Framework Agreements concluded between UN agencies, funds and programmes and respective governments in the target countries. The project design was informed by numerous consultations with governmental and CSO partners in all three countries, coordinated among UN agencies, with active participation of the Resident Coordinators in Armenia and Azerbaijan. The Inception Phase of the project commenced in the beginning of November 2017 with primary objective of establishing project baselines, refining project targets in further consultation with key stakeholders in the three countries. The inception phase will last until the end of June 2018 and will also serve the finalizations of agreements and work plans with project’s responsible parties.
The main phase of the project aims to contribute to the following outcome - women, particularly the poor and socially excluded, have increased economic security and access to livelihood and development opportunities, and meaningfully participate in decision-making processes. This outcome will be attained through the achievement of the following three outputs:
Output 1: Women in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia, particularly the poor and socially excluded, have increased access to information, skills-building and sustainable economic opportunities, and participate in and contribute to local and regional development;
Output 2: Mechanisms and staff capacities of selected ministries/ state institutions in Armenia and Georgia are strengthened to develop and deliver gender-responsive programmes and services, strategies and plans for women’s economic empowerment, and women’s organizations effectively influence and participate in these processes;
Output 3: Legislative and policy frameworks in Armenia and Georgia are reviewed in line with international human rights standards and commitments on women’s economic empowerment and are based on gender analysis and sex-disaggregated data
In Georgia, the project activities will be implemented directly by UN Women, while project activities in Armenia and Azerbaijan will be implemented by UN Women Responsible Parties to be selected in the inception phase of the project.
In order to ensure successful implementation of the Project “Partnership for Women’s Economic Empowerment in South Caucasus” and meet the contractual obligations of the initiative, UN Women plans to hire a Programme Assistant, who will work under direct supervision of the UN Women Programme Analyst on Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) and overall guidance of UN Women National Programme Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will carry out the following functions:
- Assist the UN Women WEE Programme Analyst in the preparation of reports, project documentation and submissions;
- Assist the UN Women WEE Programme Analyst in monitoring of the project activities by reviewing project documentation and a variety of records, progress reports, budgets, and financial expenditures;
- Maintain accurate financial and personnel records of the project as required by UN Women Country Office;
- Ensure the maintenance of a filing system, reports or other documentation on the project; Documenting project activities and reports;
- Assist the UN Women WEE Programme Analyst in coordination of the exchange of information among the project partners / responsible parties;
- Prepare and disseminate invitation, agendas, various information and etc;
- Draft correspondence of a routine nature, responses to inquiries ensuring correctness in terms of format, grammar, and spelling;
- Make arrangements for appointments and meetings, provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Facilitate travel arrangements: initiate travel authorization for approval, reserve flight schedules, coordinate with the Country Office Operations section for relevant travel advances and claims, seek appropriate visa and security clearances;
- Make arrangements for appointments and meetings, providing administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats of the project;
- Prepare payment requests, financial reports, budget planning, and financial expenditures as needed; Safe keeping and maintenance of the project / UN Women equipment and stocks;
- Act as an interpreter/translator on matters relating to WEE activities from English, Russian and into Georgian language and vice versa when required;
- Assist the Country Office in Final Report preparation for the project;
- Assist Country Office in Operational Closure of the project;
- Assist with photocopying, scanning, and faxing (both Country Office and project-related activities) ;
- Maintain general office organization (office supplies, rent, communication and transportation issues, etc.);
- Support the Country Office Operations department in document filing functions;
- Undertake any other project assistance tasks as assigned, aimed at supporting follow up UN Women programming based on the project results.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Is familiar with UN system.
- Proficiency in IT skills demonstrated;
- Proficiency in English, and Georgian demonstrated;
- Knowledge and understanding of UNDP/UN WOMEN administrative procedures and functions will be an
- Familiarity with results based management and human rights-based programming will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment demonstrated;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to approach work with energy, commitment and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Resourceful in finding solutions.
Required Skills and Experience
Academic Background: Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration, or similar;
Relevant work experience:
- At least seven years of work experience in the area of finance, general administration, procurement, Logistics and etc.;
- Work experience in development projects will be an asset.
Languages: Fluency in English and Georgian languages.
Applications for the position of the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women (UN Women) / Partnership for Women’s Economic Empowerment in South Caucasus, Programme Assistant - SB3-MID must be submitted electronically through the website: http://jobs.undp.org/
CV and dully filled P11 form that can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment
Letter of Motivation.
Please group all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.