SVN 2018/13 (P) - Labour Migration Officer (P3) - IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Position Title Labour Migration Officer
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia
(Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the direct supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator, in coordination with the Labour Mobility and Human Development Specialist based in the Regional Office in Cairo, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of activities and projects that promote and facilitate Labour Mobility and Human Development (LHD) for IOM Libya. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Keep abreast of labour market and migration trends within Libya and neighbouring countries as well as key countries of origin in order to be able to identify strategic opportunities or IOM interventions.
2. Liaise with the Libyan Ministry of Labour and other relevant governmental counterparts to identify their priorities and identify concrete areas for cooperation. 3. Understand the skills development and recognition systems in Libya including the presence and functioning of technical and vocational education and training facilities as well as the gaps therein.
4. Supervise the overall management and implementation of LHD related projects in a timely Page 1 / 4manner in close coordination with the Senior Programme Coordinator, relevant colleagues and implementing partners.
5. Prepare and coordinate regular project reports in a timely manner to be submitted to the CoM, Donors, and Headquarters.
6. Identify, implement and manage the information management tools required to track service delivery and identify gaps.
their full funding cycle and provide regular updates with current donors.
8. Regular communication with internal and external counterparts, promoting shared goals across remote localities, and carry out staff development activities to achieve goals efficiently and avoid duplication.
9. Supervise relevant project staff and monitor project progress to document and evaluate results, increase effectiveness and recommend appropriate action within the programme. 10. Monitor the funds and take corrective action in coordination with the Steering Committee, the Resource Management Officer, the Chief of Mission, and the Regional Office (RO). 11. Provide substantial inputs for project design and development with RO and HQs thematic specialists within the framework of IOM confidentiality and data protection guidelines. 12. Coordinate, conduct and facilitate trainings and workshops for relevant stakeholders to share experiences/best practices between key players.
13. Reach out to and build relationships with key private sector counterparts and associations in order to identify labour needs and trends as well as to promote ethical and sustainable recruitment and hiring procedures.
14. Identify and reach out to key Libyan individuals or businesses abroad that can support IOM’s activities in the country through knowledge transfer, investment, and/or social and business contacts.
15. Ensure that environment, gender, children, and other vulnerable groups in the project implementation are considered throughout the programme.
16. Undertake duty travel relating to project activities as required.
17. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Development, Labour Economics, Project Management, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in project management, preferably in an international non-profit organization; • Experience in facilitating the management of labour migration through implementation of targeted mobility schemes, capacity building of authorities responsible for labour migration, Page 2 / 4promoting fair and ethical international recruitment and/or relevant policy development; • Familiarity with labour migration dynamics across the African continent desirable; • Field experience in one of the UN Common System organizations is a distinct advantage; • Experience in liaising with governments, international organizations and the private sector is an asset;
• Profound knowledge on remittances and financial services is a distinct advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required.
This position is based in Tunis, Tunisia with possible relocation to Libya if and when the situation is conducive.
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment Page 3 / 4system, by 23 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.01.2018 to 23.01.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/13 (P) - Labour Migration Officer (P3) - IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia (55303238) Released
Posting: Posting NC55310507 (55310507) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Security policy
- Labour Market Policy
- Social Affairs
- Closing Date: 2018-01-23