Administrative Associate (ICT) - Fixed Term - GS6 - WCARO - UNICEF
The position belongs to the ICT Section of the UNICEF Regional Office for West and Central Africa. It reports to the Regional Chief ICT – P5.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose for the job
The Administrative Associate responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the Regional ICT section requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies, including the processes and procedures of Information and Technology in the organization.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the admin assistant ensures that a strong administrative platform is provided to the Regional ICT section, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by advisors and specialists in the team.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Provides travel assistance to Regional ICT Chief and other staff in the section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
Briefs/de-briefs Regional Chief ICT and other ICT section staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, documentation procedures.
Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records.
Follow up on all necessary steps required by the organization to close the travel process.
Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in vision.
Upload electronic files and verify results to destination system.
Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries.
Contracting of consultants or other service providers
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the Regional ICT section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in vision, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Arrange for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
Follow up on all the supply process for ICT procurement inside and outside the organization.
Events and Conferences
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arranges times through liaising with participants over availability.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials in the intranet.
Prepares and maintains agendas on meeting and events related to the work group commitments.
Supports management of ICT supplies and equipment, ICT inventory, ICT planning, replacement and disposal of obsolete and non-compliant equipment.
Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of ICT supplies.
Supports the Regional Chief ICT and other ICT section staff in all administrative processes within the office that required follow up and monitoring.
Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information.
- Monitor the utilization of all financial input requisitions and report to the supervisor for necessary adjustments (over-utilization, shortage of funds, etc.) Familiarize with programme monitoring related instructions/tools and report to supervisor for significant changes.
- Support the ICT section in the management of any specific ICT services requiring maintenance and update of records, invoices and others: ie. Mobile Service Accounts, Staff Contact Directories, etc.
Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the admin associate ensures that a strong administrative platform is provided to the Regional ICT Section, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by the Regional Chief ICT and other staff in the team.
Competencies and level of proficiency required
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, High School Diploma Required.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Knowledge of and experience on use of SAP an advantage.
- University courses in ICT/business administration, or related field (desirable).
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- IT Skills – Computer literacy and the ability to effectively use standard office software tools and other office technology to create documentation, exchange and archive e-mail, and maintain electronic filing systems.
Fluency in French, working knowledge in English and local language of the duty station is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2018-01-23