Logistics Procurement Officer
We are looking for a highly-qualified candidate to contribute to the organization and implementation of all Procurement activities and responsible for all logistics issues.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450-national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations
About the job
The Logistics and Procurement Officer supports and contributes to the organization and implementation of all Procurement activities and responsible for all logistics issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible to ensure procurement activities are conducted in accordance with DRCs operational handbook.
• Enhance the quality of procurement and administration throughout the project cycle.
• Provide linkages with logistics, procurement and administration colleagues in other humanitarian organisations, local actors and within government structures.
• Ensuring all the documentation processes are in place.
• Maintaining the assets list. Act as the focal point for the proper control and operation of all the Procurement requirements for the DRC Iraq programme in Salah Al Din with Line Manager.
• Implementation and assistance of the Procurement Plan in collaboration with the various Programme Managers, Logistic Coordinator and other staff,
• Conduct a full - as required, and where possible, as agreed with Support Manager and according to DRC latest Asset inventory.
• Maintain and report on all field offices Asset and Inventory list
• Provide procurement support to ensure timely and effective supply to programmes and meet operational needs
• Ensuring efficient and timely supply of all items.
• Liaises with Programme Managers on procurement matters,
• Ensures that all DRC Suppliers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics.
• Implementing and Monitoring of Framework Agreements.
• Follows up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements.
• Ensures regular surveys of suppliers are conducted.
• Ensures all Contract payments are processed in a timely manner.
• Provides timely Procurement and Logistics Reports on activity to Support Manager
• Participates in regular meetings where Procurement is an Agenda item.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct
To be successful in this role you must have: experience in a similar field and excellent communication and organizational skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• 2 years of NGO/UN field experience in a similar position.
• Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
• Ability to write weekly activity reports and communication pieces.
• Spoken and written Arabic is essential
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
• Willingness to work in the field and travel when needed.
• Logistics & Supply Chain Degree, business administration, any other related degree.
• Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level C.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 03 February 2018.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to job.@drc.dk will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tikrit
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-02-03