Programme Specialist, Gender Based Violence, Gaziantep, Turkey
The post of the GBV Programme Specialist is located in the UNFPA Turkey field location in Gaziantep to support the UNFPA Humanitarian Programme. The GBV Programme Specialist reports to Gaziantep Head of Office (Humanitarian Adviser, RH).
Under the overall supervision of the UNFPA Gaziantep Head of Office, the incumbent facilitates the implementation of UNFPA’s programming in Syria in the context of cross-border humanitarian program and ensures GBV technical integrity and coordination through the GBV Sub-Cluster as an “area of responsibility” within the Global Protection Cluster.
The GBV Programme Specialist covers therefore both programme and GBV coordination functions. The position requires a clear understanding of how to balance two roles that are connected but also clearly distinct.
Advanced University degree in psychology, social work, sociology, health, gender, population, human rights or other related social science field.
Knowledge and Experience:
· At least 7 years relevant professional experience in addressing GBV in humanitarian settings at the international level, with experience in programme/ project management.
· Demonstrated leadership and management experience within a multinational and multicultural environment.
· Direct experience providing support to GBV survivors is an asset.
· Experience working in the UN system or international NGO is an asset.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.