IT Helpdesk Assistant
The Organizational Support Services are responsible for establishing and implementing policies, systems and procedures which facilitate smooth and efficient implementation of KAICIID strategy. The Services ensure that the Centre has the necessary managerial, logistical and administrative support, with the required financial, human and material resources to implement its activities and programmes.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the IT Officer, the IT Helpdesk Assistant provides IT support services to desktops/laptops, printers and other devices through the Helpdesk including daily technical support to users of KAICIID systems and devices, promoting a client and service oriented approach.
- Assist in the configuration and administration of laptops, desktops and peripherals, internet connectivity (LAN/Wireless access points/VPN) and printers
- Install, configure and upgrade software required for the operations in the office (Windows, MS Office, JIRA, CRM and others).
- Assist in the implementation of virus detection, removal and prevention for all systems. This involves assurance of deployment of the latest Anti-Virus signatures for data protection.
- Provide quality onsite support and guidance to users responding to requests for help, interacting with users to provide first line of assistance and basic troubleshooting.
- Record all user requests in the Ticketing system, monitor and report on major trends that have been identified, coordinate with the Network Administrator those cases that need further attention, escalate urgent cases and major issues for immediate attention to IT office.
- Keep the users informed of their calls' status as appropriate.
- Participate in the testing of new software and applications and provide relevant feedback.
- Assist the IT Officer in ensuring application/compliances with IT policies and guidelines, established processes and procedures by all staff
- Participate in delivery of user training for appropriate IT courses related to KAICIID standard software when applicable.
- Assist in preparing IT documentation, knowledge base and other documentation as appropriated.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware.
- Support in-house meetings/conferences including web conferencing
- Replaces the Network Administrator during his/her absence.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other IT-related studies; professional certification will be an added value.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in Help Desk routines.
- Experience with Microsoft software and antivirus packages.
- Experience with/knowledge of AD, JIRA, Microsoft CRM, SharePoint and other industry certifications desirable.
- Knowledge of ITIL and PRINCE2 or PMP desirable.
- Knowledge of mobile devices such as Apple iPad, iPhone and Apple OS and Mobile Device Management products.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural, multi-religious environment desirable.
- Commitment to highest ethical standards and human rights.
English proficiency, knowledge of German highly desirable.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
KAICIID will initially offer a 6 months short-term contract with a possibility of extension, depending on the continuing need for the position. Annual net salary for Grade 8 Step 1 is 30888 EUR. Appointments are normally made at Step 1. KAICIID salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
5 March 2018
HOW TO APPLY
For more details and how to apply check: www.kaiciid.org/en/recruitment