ABA ROLI Expert, GBV and TIP (Consultant)
This Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Expert will provide high-level expertise to ABA ROLI and its partners in Tunisia, in support of ABA ROLI’s work on gender based violence and trafficking in persons. ABA ROLI’s GBV programming is specifically focused on the implementation of Tunisia’s new Violence Against Women Law, while this TIP programming seeks to strengthen the capacity of Tunisia’s legal community, civil society, and governmental actors to combat TIP. This expert will work with ABA ROLI’s program team, in cooperation with the Tunisian justice sector, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, other Tunisian ministries, the legal community, civil society, and related local actors.
This is a contract position based in Tunis, Tunisia.
This Expert, GBV and TIP will support achievement of the above objectives through the following major duties and responsibilities:
- Providing strategic advice on program design;
- Facilitating meetings with key program partners in-country;
- Developing program-related materials in coordination with ABA ROLI experts and program partners;
- Providing substantive, technical expertise on GBV and TIP issues, based on international standards and Tunisian law;
- Assisting in program management and implementation of workshops, training sessions, public awareness activities, and other program activities;
- Provide overall support to program implementation;
- Other duties as required.
- At least 6 years of direct experience developing and implementing related programs in the region, experience in and familiarity with Tunisia especially preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working with relevant local stakeholders, including justice sector actors, civil society, ministry officials, and local partners;
- Strong expertise in GBV, TIP, and related issue areas, including demonstrated experience advising and implementing GBV and/or TIP programming;
- Experience working for an international organization;
- English, French, and Arabic language competencies required; strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
*Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.*
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to https://www.devex.com/jobs/aba-roli-expert-gbv-and-tip-consultant-545928