Temporary Appointment P-3 - Partnerships, Alliances and Report Specialist, Brazzaville (Congo) - International Only
Under the leadership and general guidance of the Representative, the incumbent will be accountable for developing, managing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring a partnership strategy and associated products and activities. The primary objective of this function is to develop new holistic funding opportunities or partnerships with the public and the private sectors (financial and non-financial) in support of the Programme priorities.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
If you are a committed, creative, and passionate about making a lasting difference for children, professionally qualified and enthusiastic about brokering partnerships to help us achieve better results for children and ready to use your talents to make the world a better place for Children, the world's leading children's rights organization would very much welcome your application
The low middle income classification of Congo Brazzaville has led to a decrease in funding from international development partners and necessitated advocacy with national governments for domestic resource mobilization and leveraging, while the full potential of partnerships with the private sector has yet to be explored.
In this regard, a majority of partnerships and funding opportunities are likely to emanate from the country. However, while exploring the potential with Government for leveraging domestic resources for children, there is also a need to sustain advocacy with the private sector and the international donors and to find alternative and new funding schemes to mitigate the impact of the financial crisis on Children's well-being and the realization of their rights.
This will require additional human resources given limited capacities in the country office.
Purpose of the Position
Under the leadership and general guidance of the Representative, the incumbent will be accountable for developing, managing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring a partnership strategy and associated products and activities.
The primary objective of this function is to develop new holistic funding opportunities or partnerships with the public and the private sectors (financial and non-financial) in support of the Programme priorities.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Establish, document, review and refine process of working with partners, including special events, media opportunities, field trips
- As required, liaise with various humanitarian funding coordinators for timely action on donor funding of humanitarian action.
- Develop, maintain and update celebrities contact list/database.
- Participate in advocacy activities by planning visits of Goodwill Ambassadors, National Committee representatives, Executive Board members
- Prepare key strategic information materials (e.g., Programme summaries, country fact sheets, Human Interest Stories, Web stories and media kits) and necessary logistic arrangements.
- Highlight the achievements of the country Programme.
- Work with communication staff and contribute to the skills transfer
- Update the Country Office (CO) resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement a resource mobilization action plan
- Develop a list of private sector prospects to pursue
- Identify and liaise with key public sector donors
- Facilitate donor meetings (public and private sector)
- Write briefing documents and corporate publications relating to Programme activities in support of the UNICEF mission in Congo Brazzaville
Proposals and Reports oversight
- Coordinate drafting of high quality funding proposals to donors and drafting funding agreements as per donors' framework agreements
- Develop and Edit donor reports and other mandatory and special reports,
- Develop and mobilize country office communication capacity to gather/facilitate the content and coverage of relevant country efforts.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in communications, social sciences, marketing, public relations, business administration and management or related field; a first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible work experience in private sector or public sector fundraising, donor outreach and management, or partnerships administration, preferably some at the international level.
- Experience in designing and implementing resource mobilization plans and partnership strategies
- Understanding of child rights and business a plus
- Has excellent communication skills in French and in English
- Strong planning/organizing skills
- Strong networking/relating skills
- Strong team player
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Brazzaville
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-05-07