Administration and Compensation Officer
Vacancy Announcement VA18P046V01
16th May 2018
Deadline for applications:
30th May 2018
1st July 2018
31st December 2018 (with possibility of extension)
Type of post:
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
In line with ICMPD’s Staff and Financial Regulations, policies and business processes and under the supervision of the Head of People Management and Organisational Development, the Administration and Compensation Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Compensation management:
- Set up mobility allowances for new staff in PeopleNet. Control entitlements according to policy. Verify supporting documents as required.
- Control mobility allowance data. Reflect changes based on allowance changes.
- Control compliance of changes and supporting documents.
- Process mobility allowances in SAP.
- Control payroll data and reflect data changes (changes in contracts, allowances and benefits, enrolment to SSSF, long-term sick leave).
- Prepare payroll data for the monthly payroll. Review and verify payroll information prior to submission of data.
- Maintain updated data on dependent´s allowance rates, housing rates and hardship rates per duty station. Adjust and update as necessary according to policy.
- Maintain local salary scales for FO and RO duty stations. Adjust and update according to policy.
- Assist in implementation of various elements of the compensation system such as data reviews and analyses, benchmarking, simulations etc.
- Administrative processes and compliance:
- Act as focal point for RO, Brussels Mission and FO PMOD processes and implementation of HR policies. Communicate regularly, respond to questions and follow up on pending issues in collaboration with PMOD team members as per their area of responsibility.
- Administer long-term sick leave and applications for special leave without pay.
- Review cases related to leave and working time in light of the SR and applicable policies. Address and solve bottlenecks and respond to staff queries.
- Supports Head of PMOD in management of the promotion process
- Provide input to development of PM systems and processes.
- Personnel administration:
- Monitor contract expiry in PeopleNet that contracts, probations, extensions, reassignment and separation actions are initiated appropriately in a timely manner, sending reminders as necessary
- Manage recruitment of LTEs. Process recruitment requests for approval, prepare VA, ensure posting.
- Maintain contract table assigning contract numbers.
- Issue new employment contracts based on the employment offer. Collect signatures to new contracts. File in personal folder.
- Receive RRs, prepare contract amendments (HQ, Brussels, Regional and Project Offices). Collect signatures to amendments. File in PeopleNet and Personal file.
- Amend contracts according to mobility changes (temporary assignments, commuting, transfers).
- Follow up on SSSF related issues with CRM as required.
- Implement UNOPS contracting process.
- Administer contract termination process.
- Address and solve complex cases and bottlenecks and respond to staff queries.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience as HR officer in international or public organisations.
- In-depth knowledge of HR administration and HR processes.
- Demonstrated experience in management of payroll is a requirement.
- Experience in compensation management is a requirement.
- Strong knowledge of HR systems and tools, particularly HRISs.
- Experience in SAP.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience in business process improvement in the HR functional area.
- Experience in international context.
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English.
- Master´s degree related to the area of work.
This position will be consultancy-based until end of December 2018.
There will however be the possibility to extend the contract (on either a consultancy or possibly staff basis) beyond the end of December 2018.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated above. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applicants are expected to be available for a personal/telephone interview.
In the event of a technical issue with your application, please email email@example.com.
- Organization: ICMPD - International Centre for Migration Policy Development
- Location: Vienna (Austria)
- Grade: Mid level
- Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-05-30