EPI Officer (NPO)
Bangui (Central African Republic)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMEThe main objective of the programme is to ensure that every child and high-risk group is fully vaccinated with high quality and effective vaccines against the target diseases according to recommended strategies
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES1. Participate in EPI programme planning, monitoring and review with respect to surveillance and ensure implementation of the EPI work plan.2. Ensure that routine EPI data is collected from the regions in accordance with the set timeliness and quality indicators, which should be done by closely working with the EPI Programme, Regional Management Teams and HMIS focal persons including provision of feedback to the Health facilities and partners.3. Supervise the collection of data from sentinel surveillance sites in collaboration with the NPHL/MOHSW and MRC Laboratories.4. Provide the necessary support for maintennce of indicators for polio-free status for the National Coordination Committee, National Certification Committee and National Polio Expert Committee.5. Assists with timely utilization and retirement with reports on EPI funds to counterparts.6. To work with the Epidemiological and Disease Control Unit of the Ministry of Health & Social Welfare to ensure attainment of national disease surveillance targets for epidemic-prone diseases.Perform any other duties related to EPI and surveillance as may be requested by the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and in collaboration with health development partners.
EducationEssential\: Essential\: First University Degree in a medical field.
Desirable\: Master's Degree in Public Health or a related field.
ExperienceEssential\: Essential\: At least 5 years of professional and related experience in EPI/or Child health Program.
Desirable\: Desirable\: Prior experience in establishment, implementation and monitoring of disease surveillance preferably for vaccine-preventable diseases. In addition, experience in working UN agencies.
Skills1. Excellent knowledge and experience in disease surveillance and immunization programs; 2. Proven competence in program analysis, planning, training, and data analysis; 3. ability to communicate well in English and any relevant local language both verbally and orally; 4. strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain efficient working relationships with key partners and WHO colleagues; proven ability to work for long periods in remote field sites often under difficult or unpleasant conditions
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable\: Beginners knowledge of French.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at GMD 721,418 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Bangui (Central African Republic)
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Closing Date: 2018-06-19