Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Intern, PME Section, Yangon, Myanmar (International Intern)
Internship opportunity for international intern applicants in UNICEF Myanmar, Yangon office, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Unit.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, We Care
UNICEF is the United Nations Children’s Fund, which has more than 10,000 staff members working in 190 countries and territories around the world. UNICEF began providing assistance to Myanmar in 1950 and has been working since then to improve the well being of Myanmar children. More information on what we do in Myanmar is available at here
We are now looking for intern to contribute to our team for a period of 6 months in 2018/19. We offer supervision, access to information, engaging working environment and the possibility to work FOR EVERY CHILD.
How can you make a difference?
Under the guidance and supervision of the UNICEF PME Specialist, the PME Intern will support and provide assistance for effective planning, monitoring and evaluation of UNICEF Country Programme to help UNICEF achieve results for children. The PME Intern will have an opportunity to work in close collaboration with Programme and Field Teams in the UNICEF Myanmar CO and will learn how to apply results based planning and monitoring of programmes/projects. It is expected that the PME Intern will apply the latest thinking and guidance on Planning and Monitoring to support results for children, thereby making professional contributions throughout all stages of RBM cycle (i.e. planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting).
In close collaboration with the Programme and Field Office Team in UNICEF Myanmar, the responsibilities of the PME Intern will include, but not limited to, the following:
PURPOSE OF THE INTERNSHIP
Make professional contribution and provide administrative support to strengthen planning and monitoring, including providing assistance in support of developing systems for generating useful, timely, valid and reliable information on the performance of the project particularly through establishing field monitoring and third party monitoring systems in UNICEF Myanmar.
Effective Planning and Reporting
- Develop online monitoring system for tracking progress against results, and coordinate with programme and operations for periodic updates including timely reporting of RAM inputs
- Support year-end review of UNICEF programme of intervention including preparation for workshop, materials, minutes/reports and coordination with programme sections for follow up of action points
Monitoring and delivery of results
- Provide support and inputs to the ToRs of Third-Party Monitoring, assessment of technical proposal (based on agreed criteria), and selection of third party for monitoring
- Coordinate/ liaise with Third Party for preparation of reports and development of system for tracking action points arising from third party/field monitoring. Develop periodic updates on Field Monitoring findings for consideration of senior management
- Contribute to and support PME in developing data collection tools to monitor UNICEF programme of intervention
- Undertake field visits to UNICEF project sites as may be required for orientation to project activities, local conditions, monitoring and reporting issues.
- Provide assistance and logistical support in developing presentations and organizing workshops to strengthen capacity of UNICEF staff, partners and third party on field monitoring and assurance activities
- Make professional contributions in applying innovation in M&E to accelerate monitoring and tracking of results for children
- Make professional contribution and provide logistical support for the assurance study including liaising with programmes and operations for document repository, inputs to the study findings, and meetings/workshop to discuss, review and validate findings
- Support infographics for KPIs and develop materials for PME section that would help in decisions making
- Support in updating donor conditions matrix and grants pipeline worksheet on regular basis
- Liaise with PME and evaluation specialist to seek support and guidance for tracking of PRIME activities
Detail TOR can be accessed here; TOR_ PME-Internship.docx
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
- Currently enrolled in a graduate (Master’s) or undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree in the area of Public Policy and Administration, Anthropology, Sociology, Development Studies, Applied Research, Evaluation or other relevant Social Science also considered.
- Demonstrable proof of excellent academic performance.
- Demonstrable excellence in verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English (including active listening and information synthesis and strong writing abilities).
- Strong understanding of results-based management, programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Skills in using open data source and creating online applications
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a multi-cultural team.
- Previous relevant work or volunteer experience highly desired.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
In addition to good English, excellent communication skills and solid analytical skills- strong commitment and passion for UNICEF’s mission.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Yangon (Myanmar)
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-07-19