Senior Human Resources and Administrative Officer
VA releasing Date: 10-July-2018
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international humanitarian organization founded in Denmark in 1956. DRC implements relief and development activities in more than 30 countries throughout the world, assisting more than 1.5 million people of different ethnicities and religions. DRC/DDG is a non-governmental, non-political and non-religious organization and for DRC/DDG, people’s right to a life with dignity is central to all that we do. DRC has been operating in Myanmar since May 2009 and in Rakhine State since 2010, responding to the humanitarian needs in the aftermath of the Cyclone Giri. DRC has recently expanded its programme providing shelter, WASH, NFIs, livelihood support and community assistance to the people affected by the June and October 2012 events in Rakhine State. DRC Myanmar in Rakhine State is funded by ECHO, SDC, DFAT, USAID and UN agencies, including UNHCR, UNICEF and UNFPA.
To strengthen DRC’s Programme in Rakhine State, DRC is looking for highly motivated and capable candidates to fill the position of
Senior Human Resources and Administrative Officer (1) Post
Duty Station: Sittwe Office, Rakhine
Report to: Support Service Manager
Overall purpose of the role:
The Senior Human Resources and Administrarive Officer is responsible for the strategic management of the human resources and administrative department in Rakhine State in close coordination and collaboration with the Country HR Manager.
The SHRAO is responsible to provide technical advice and guidance on all human resources and administrative matters to the HR/Admin teams in Rakhine state
- Advise and support the Support Service Manager, managers and staff on human resources related matters. Keep abreast of developments in various areas of human resources, as well as changes in the labor legislation in collaboration with Human Resources Manager
- In close collaboration with Managers and other Coordinators manage and monitor the work of the Human Resources Units in carrying out all human resources functions, including planning, recruitment in collaboration with HR Manager, orientation/induction processes, learning and development, performance management, maintenance of staffing databases, contract at field level.
- Ensure timely response of the team to all requests on human resources-related matters and be responsible for setting the Human Resources field office strategic plan/vision.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to the Human Resources staff members
- In close collaboration with the Country HR Manager, ensure policies are timely updated and applied on regular basis.
- Have responsibility for the assessment, implementation and evaluation of the Performance Management System in Rakhine. Assist and advise in determining appropriate staff development plans and ensure delivery of training and developments and career support programs in collaboration with country HR Manager
- HR administration – Develop and maintain databases/systems for keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all HR related information. Oversee and coordinate with local HR staff that employee files, and systems for tracking contractual issues, holidays, benefits, performance appraisals and other HR administrative issues are maintained properly under the country HR Manager.
- Duty of care – ensure that all managers understand how to recognize signs of stress and have the means to support stressed out staff.
- Responsible for the overall coordinate of on boarding process for both national and expat staff, make sure all new hired staff receive required orientation/induction on timely basis at Yangon and field level.
- Prepare quarterly HR reports for onward submission to the regional office.
- Perform any other duties as may be a signed from time to time.
- Ensure all travel arrangement-flight and accommodation are smoothly done according to DRC’s rule and regulation.
- Coordinate with Administrative Officer in Yangon for the management of travel authority, visa and FRC control sheet and to follow up extension process
- Organizing event-including meeting, workshop and annual review, ensuring all required arrangements are done
- To ensure office premise and facility is kept clean at all times
- Welcome service; Providing practicalities (welcoming email) to visitor/new comer to DRC Rakhine and to ensure transport arrangement for visitor/new comer.
- Managing correspondence between DRC and its stakeholders in Rakhine
Any other task that may be assigned by line manager
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- A minimum of a postgraduate degree in the field of strategic human resources management, business administration, social sciences or related discipline.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional work experience; especially in management role.
- Proven work experience in HR management including recruitment and selection, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of flexibility in a challenging and fast moving multicultural environment.
- Experience in implementation of HR strategies and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Clear communication, presentation style, good interpersonal and diplomatic skills essential.
- Starting date of employment: Sept-2018
- Contract Type: Regular DRC staff contract, including a probation period of 3 months
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
No later than 25, July, 2018 (COB/5pm)
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for applications.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Yangon (Myanmar)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-07-25