Project Coordinator (Monitoring, Reporting & Communication)
Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Background Information - Sri Lanka
UNOPS office in Sri Lanka provides technical, operational and administrative support to 4 countries in the South Asia region: Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. UNOPS work in this region focuses on the construction and operation of high quality sustainable infrastructure, sustainable procurement, project management for host governments, development partners and UN agencies.
UNOPS’ work in Sri Lanka focuses on the construction and operation of high quality sustainable infrastructure and sustainable procurement, project management, timely provision of services, and the use of most relevant technologies. Such projects provide social and economic benefits to vulnerable populations across the country, and contribute to poverty eradication. This includes construction of schools, hospitals, water networks, urban sewerage and drainage facilities, harbours and anchorages, waste management facilities, climate change mitigation, as well as a range of “soft” support in Capacity Building, operations and maintenance of public assets, local governance, etc.
The Project Coordinator shall have a good understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the UNOPS and key stakeholders to ensure the project products are capable of meeting the business cases for both UNOPS and the client. The roles of the Project Coordinator shall include, but not limited to,
- Support implementation of project for construction of 17000 permanent houses for conflict affected displaced families in the Northern & Eastern province in Sri Lanka in collaboration with the SPM with a focus on Community Mobilisation, Communications, M&E, Reporting and Coordination of all Implementing agencies and Government stakeholders.
- Work progressively towards and ensure that objectives as defined in the project are achieved within the allotted time frame.
- Systematically support implementation of housing construction adopting home-owner centric, with community-based organisations managing the construction, while the agency oversees the process ensuring quality and timely delivery and provides training on the technical, financial and administrative procedures.
Coordination, Communication and Reporting
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder communication strategy.
- Establish a robust coordination mechanism for all Implementing Agencies, via regular meetings and reporting, identify potential risk/issues, assist in troubleshooting.
- Develop a communication strategy for external and internal audience in line with the UNOPS corporate branding policies and guidelines. Develop strong communication products such as beneficiaries’ stories using photography, video, narratives etc. to achieve optimum visibility for UNOPS and the results delivered for the beneficiaries.
- Develop strong relationships with Government counterpart at all levels. Cooperate and maintain rapport with community level stakeholders and government officials including Grama Niladaris, National Housing Development & Authority (NHDA), Rural Development Officer (RDO) and officials of the Community Organizations etc. to facilitate successful programme implementation.
- Develop the Reporting framework and tools as required by the project document and to ensure efficient coordination with internal and external partners.
- Train and manage the Reporting and coordination assistants.
- Develop a Community Mobilisation Strategy and organize and conduct awareness activities among the community.
- Organize activities to promote goodwill, trust and cooperation within beneficiary communities.
- Disseminate information and encourage beneficiaries on behaviour change including the adaptation of good hygiene, safe water, sanitation and green technology practices.
- Motivate and ensure beneficiaries participate in the process of housing construction.
- Support Associate Project Engineer in identifying the Community Based Organizations (CBOs) for housing construction.
- Provide training and capacity development to CBOs on non-technical matters.
- Guide and advise CBOs on documentation and reporting.
- Organize periodical community level meetings to review gaps, delays and issues relating to the project and take remedial measures to resolve the issues with the concurrence of the Community Liaison team.
- Maintain an effective and cordial vertical and horizontal working relationship with all officials, staff and volunteers in order to attain project objectives.
- Manage the data management team and establish a robust database for all beneficiary details and documentation in collaboration with the Fieldsight team.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and lead the execution of the M&E program for the project.
- Define indicators
- Define the most appropriate methodology
- Define the ToR of the necessary tools (i.e. Software for data collection and reporting)
- Supervise the development of any necessary tool
- Provide feedback to new proposal based on lessons learned
- Update/create tools as needed
- Plan, implement, supervise and monitor the execution phase
- Prepare the M&E reports for the clients
- Present M&E reports to clients/partners when needed
- Supervise if necessary temporary consultants
- Take on the final responsibility for data collection and organization as well as all field activities related to M&E
- Support the project focal point for M&E (if any) to ensure results.
- Initiate mid and end of the project evaluations.
- Provide technical assistance related to M&E
- Define indicators based on project objectives and expected results
- QA/QC on data collection
- Data analysis and recommendations to projects coordinators/managers
- Lead and motivate the project management team
- Ensure that behavioural expectations of team members are established
- Ensure that performance reviews are conducted
- Identify outstanding staff and bring them to the attention of the SPM and Director
- Have a thorough understanding of UNOPS personnel contract modalities (including ICA and Staff)
- Assist in selecting, recruiting and training team as required by project plans
- Perform Project Support role if required
- Ensure safety and security for all personnel and comply with UNDSS and UNOPS Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards
Core Values and Principles:
Understand and respect UNOPS sustainability principles
- Look for ways to embed UNOPS sustainability principles in day to day project management
- Seek opportunities to champion gender equality at work place
- Champion and communicate project’s sustainability aspects with key stakeholders
- Understand the principles of the Paris Declaration on aid effectiveness and mainstream them into the project plans
- Seek opportunities to recruit qualified local staff
- Look for ways to build capacity of local counterparts
- Strive to build strong partnerships and effective coordination among relevant project actors (e.g. United Nations, governments, and non-governmental organizations or other relevant partners)
- The project management processes are designed to deliver maximum accountability, transparency and results. If a project or processes is not in line with this, it is the responsibility of the PM to raise the issue with a supervisor
- Contribute to innovation and the adaptation of best practice standards of sustainability and quality.
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the SPM.
- Advanced University Degree in Communications, Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline.
- University Degree (bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant professional experience in Communications, Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline, may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- At least 5 years (or more based on academic credentials) of experience in the humanitarian and development sector.
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and attention to the social, economic and cultural preferences of communities while maintaining a high service level is preferable
- Experience in Community mobilization, Reporting and Coordination essential.
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential. Fluency in Tamil and/or Sinhala an asset.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification – Preferred
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in social, economic and cultural aspects and commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrates results orientation and focus on solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with clients, donors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to plan work in a collaborative manner and to manage priorities
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the goals of the project and in accordance with UNOPS shared goals. Team player is essential.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA Contract level:I-ICA2
Contract duration:Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- Grade: IICA-2, International Individual Contractors Agreement - Mid level
- Communication and Public Information
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Documentation and Information Management
- Managerial positions
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-29