Young Professional: Programme Analyst Renewable Energy
The UNDP Young Professional Programme (YPP) is designed for highly qualified and motivated young Malawian professionals recently graduated from Masters programmes or in some cases, from Bachelor’s Degree programmes. The programme provides an opportunity to start a development career through "on the job' professional development that can be based on learning from UNDP’s programmes, policies and operations. Training and learning will be part of the day to day activities under the UNDP Young Professional Programme.
Candidates for the UNDP YPP will be selected on a highly competitive basis. The key qualifications required for consideration will include: a) be under 30 years of age; and b) have an academic qualification, as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
The candidates will be offered a Service Contract for a maximum 2 years, renewable each year. They will receive an "all-inclusive package " to cover living and travel costs. It is estimated that a total of 10 professionals will be recruited in 2018. Estimated start date would be between 1st June - 1st August 2018.
There is no guarantee for a further employment with UNDP after the assignment but the UNDP Malawi YPP program has an excellent reputation among development agencies and government institutions in the country. However, upon completion of the contract, it is expected that the incumbent would have acquired sufficient knowledge, skills and professional competences to pursue a rewarding career in any reputable international organization on a full-time contract basis.
Important to note:
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, women and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Please be informed that only the successful candidates will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English
- Commitment to the values of the United Nations
- Ability to work well in teams
- Creativity and innovative approach to work
- Strong multicultural skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and word packages
Required Skills and Experience
- Received a Master certificate with distinction or credit OR
- Held a leadership role while at University OR
- Received overseas scholarship to undertake studies (such as Fulbright, Chevening, ODA etc)
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Lilongwe (Malawi)
- Grade: SB-3, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Energy sector
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-18