Education Technical Officer - (Afghan Female Nationals) Location: Kunduz - Afghanistan
Purpose of the Job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the Education Technical Officer position is to implement delegated CC project portfolio.
The Education Technical Officer will help implement and monitor NRC’s Education Projects in Kunduz Province and it’s all districts. The aim of NRC’s Education programme is to enable vulnerable, displaced, returnee and host community children and youth have access to quality education in a protective environment.
Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) and Education in Emergency (EiE) is the main components of Education Projects in target provinces of North Region. And providing opportunities to enrolee out of school’s children to the AEP classes to supporting governmental Hub Schools and strengthen their capacity to host the IDP, Returnee and host community out of school children to continue their Education in upper level.
Note: For more details about this position, kindly refer to the JD attached at the bottom.
- Generic responsibilities:
- Management of project staff
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of CC Education projects (activities, budget and project documentation)
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local authorities and stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Take the leadership in the design, implementation and M&E of Accelerated Education Program (AEP) Community Based Education (CBE) and Education in Emergency ( EiE) and technical components of the projects.
- Capacity building of Education staff in ALP, CEB and EIE related issues
- Ensuring accountable data base for Education project according to all the components of project and regular update of date collection.
- Support Education PM and Education PC in overall implementation of Components of the project
- Take the lead and coordinate with HR/Finance on the recruitments, contracts, payments of CBWs.
- Coordinate with logistic for the development and update of Procurement Plan.
- Community mobilization: engaging the community in activities, establishing Community Advisory Boards and in facilitating the community understanding of the overall project
- Any other task as assigned by Education PM/PC/HoO.
- University degree/ Certification/ Diploma within Education / Management/ Development.
- 2-3 years’ experience from working an Education project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge of the context in Faryab
- Knowledge of the local language Dari, Uzbek, Pashto – if different than English
- Experience in teacher training and Training of Trainers.
- Knowledge of ALP, CBE, EIE and life skills
- Experience in Education in Emergencies is an advantage
- Experience in logistics and administrative management
- Education title: University degree/ Certification/ Diploma within Education / Management
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kunduz (Afghanistan)
- Grade: Mid level
- Education, Learning and Training
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2018-07-24