National Consultant to review Basic Education Clusters mapping, UNICEF Timor-Leste (Open for Timorese nationals only)
UNICEF Timor-Leste is seeking for an individual consultant to review Basic Education Clusters mapping - Mapamentu Eskolar Estabilizasaun Integradu Ensinu Basiku (EIEB).
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Education
How can you make a difference?
The Consultant will support Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS) to review Basic Education Clusters mapping - Mapamentu Eskolar Estabilizasaun Integradu Ensinu Basiku (EIEB) covering 193 central basic schools which can response to the real situation regarding management and governance structure within basic education clusters.
- Desk review of relevant document and preparation of checklist, workplan, school visit plan and draft outline of the review report. The schedule of school visit and work plan need to discuss with MoEYS-NDBE and finalize after review by MoEYS (documents for desk review Decree law no.7, Basic Education Law, EIEB and other education documents)
- Review the EIEB include remuneration/allowance /subsidy for chief/manager of central and filial-satellite schools (cover 193 EBC) and validate proposal from schools, and school visit (interview with schools, municipal official and community);
- Consultation with MoEYS stakeholders and Development partners for their inputs;
- Preparation of the draft review report and presentation to Director General of Basic Education, National Director of Basic Education, Basic Education staff and line MoEYS directorate (EMIS, NDPPM&E, etc);
- Prepare final version of review report incorporating comments from the MOEYS, UNICEF and other stakeholders.
- Brief report on the desk review, Checklist, workplan, school visit plan and draft online of the review report (10 days);
- Brief review report with recommendation for example adjustment or changes of EIEB’s based on the location, number of students etc and adjustment or changes of chief/manager remuneration/subside/allowance (EBC school directors, Deputy director, Technical Support Office (GAT), School coordinators) - (20 days);
- Consultation with MoEYS stakeholders and Development partners conducted (5 days);
- Presentation of draft review report to MoEYS DG, Directors for finalization and validation (3 days);
- Final review report with recommendation (5 days).
Estimated Duration of Assignment: 43 working days spread over 20 August - 31 October 2018.
Proposed Payment Schedule: Based on deliverables.
- Master degree preferably in Education, Social Sciences, Economics or other related field
- At least 5 years of work experience in Education
- Excellent written and oral English
- Ability to deliver quality report aligned with UNICEF publication guidelines.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are requested to complete the online application and submit a cover letter, CV or P-11, sample of recent similar work deliverable and financial proposal.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Dili (Timor-Leste)
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Education, Learning and Training
- Children's rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2018-08-06