Resource Mobilization Officer
Background Information - Job-specific
The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) was established in 1990 and mandated by name in United Nations General Assembly resolution A/RES/45/181.The WSSCC Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and aims to accelerate the achievement of sustainable sanitation, hygiene and water services for all people, with special attention to the unserved poor, by enhancing collaboration and coordination of all sector stakeholders. The WSSCC Secretariat is located in Geneva, Switzerland. More information on WSSCC can be found on the website at www.wsscc.org.
Reporting to the Head of Resource Mobilisation the Resource Mobilisation Officer, and in coordination with Membership and Communication teams, undertakes external relations efforts increasing WSSCC’s profile among donors and key stakeholders. In close collaboration with programme staff, Finance cluster, National Counterparts and Membership, the Resource Mobilisation Officer monitors contributions, donor trends, financial projections and recommends targeted efforts on new funding opportunities and approaches that assist the global reach of the Council’s RM efforts.
- Implements components of the consolidated global strategy for resource mobilization for the Council including monitoring, analysing and documenting progress toward targets.
- Monitor donor policies, trends and funding mechanisms for WSSCC initiatives, advising the Senior Resource Mobilisation Officer on the development, implementation and revision of the resource mobilization strategy.
- Develop donor profiles and solicitation strategies and maintain relations with donors to ensure continued funding and recommend innovative funding opportunities.
- Work continuously with the Head of Finance and Operations and Head, Planning, monitoring resources projections and scenarios and developing targeted adjustments to RM strategy to facilitate secure resource streams.
- Support programme teams and national counterpart mechanisms in resource mobilization efforts and strategies collaborating with them to foster innovative approaches to donor interactions, assisting and learning from them on how to exploit potentially new resource mobilization activities.
- Develop resource mobilization presentations, proposals, briefing notes; participating in donor and membership meetings and assist the Resource Mobilisation Officer in the finalization of donor agreements.
- Plan and contribute to the development of WSSCC-wide capacity, processes and knowledge on resource mobilization.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Master degree in relevant field business administration, economics international relations or social science or political science or other relevant areas.
- A bachelor's degree with a combination of 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master's degree.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in resource mobilization and partnership is required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Demonstrated experience in managing external stakeholder relationships (e.g., donor and implementing partner relationships, or similar background);
- Excellent business-oriented verbal, visual and written communication
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrated experience with navigating political and strategic discussions objectively and diplomatically;
- Experience structuring and analyzing quantitative, financial models to inform decision-making
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Fixed Term Staff Contract
Contract level: ICS10 / P3
Contract duration:One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
APPLICANTS SHOULD INCLUDE A COVER LETTER.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2018-08-21