Resource Mobilization Specialist (18-06)
Resource Mobilization Specialist The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a creative and analytical thinking Resource Mobilization Specialist to manage critical elements in the functioning and success of the Resource Mobilization Unit in China and Asia- Pacific region.
About the role
This position will be based in in Haidian, Beijing and will report to the China/Asia-Pacific Fundraising and Government Partnership Manager.
Fundraising and office support
• Proactively contribute to the development of CCCAP fundraising strategy and action plans in China and Asia Pacific region.
• Identify potential partners and donors and build up relationships with identified donors. • Manage and track internal and external communications with stakeholders, prospective and current donors, and institutional partners.
• Provide support to the fundraising administrative processes and functions, as assigned by the supervisor.
• Support fundraising efforts, including contributing to proposals and budgets to be submitted to donors.
• Guide proposal development team members on CIP Resource Mobilization processes and organize proposal development hard copy and electronic files.
• Support on project budget planning and editing
• Ensure compliance to CIP internal policies for partnerships.
Communications and Editing
• Produce,reviewandeditinformal,formalandprofessionalcommunications.Thisincludesthe drafting of emails and professional business letters.
• Provide editorial and light writing support to various type of communications, reports, proposals, and other related documents.
What we are looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Business, International Development or related studies.
• Strongexperienceofatleast 5 yearsinrelatedpositions,preferablyinfundraising,marketing, or business development
• Prior experience working in an international organization or multicultural environment. • Able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, make recommendations effectively. • Computer, presentation, clerical and excel budgeting experience • Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese are a must.
• Demonstrated leadership, ethics and sound judgment, both independently and as part of a team
• Building and maintaining partnership and relationships.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al- Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
• CCCAP aims to boost RTC production in the Asia Pacific region and beyond, accelerate poverty reduction and improve food security.
• CIP is dedicatedtoachievingfoodsecurity,improvednutritionandwell-being, andgender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members. What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package and commensurate with experience.
• Two-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following lin(http://cipotato.org/open-vacanciesand submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on August 31, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.