CMC Assistant - Bekaa (Lebanese National) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Community Management and coordination Assistant is responsible for supporting the Community Management and coordination team in establishing collaboration with Syrian refugees in informal settings by gathering and providing necessary information for regular reporting to identify gaps and duplication in services to improve coordination and assistance to vulnerable beneficiaries. In addition, he will be involved in the emergency response unit which should identify and support the emergency cases.
- Work closely with other NRC core competencies to implement needed activities in the informal settlements.
- Provide updates with verified information on humanitarian gaps and duplications in the informal settlements.
- Carry out related mainstreaming of protection in program daily implementation as per the set NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines, and ensures reporting and breaches/concerns to the line manager for proper action.
- Ensures that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Assist the team in identification of and establishing contact with refugee representatives and committees.
- Meet regularly with the refugee representatives and assist them in organising meetings; facilitating minutes writing; sensitisation campaigns; information sharing; trainings etc.
- Work together with the refugee representatives to sensitise the informal settlement residents on the different services provided by different agencies working in the settlements and the local authorities and how to approach them;
- Support the team in defining the methods of community participation that ensure the greatest possible participation of vulnerable groups (AGDM approach);
- Assist the team in identifying and responding to the emergency cases.
- Participate in any activities, trainings and other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager and CMC project manager.
- Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the Line Manager
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- WASH: this project will be implemented in close coordination with WASH
- Shelter: Coordinate on activities linked to shelter condition
- Education: refer cases in need for education support
- ICLA: refer cases in need of ICLA support and coordinate on service mapping.
- Municipal support Assistants.
- Other stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in Social work or other relevant field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in working with community based projects
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Knowledge of protection issues and programming
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good awareness of the humanitarian principles of independence, impartiality, neutrality and equality.
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English (speaking and writing)
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ksara (Lebanon)
- Grade: Junior
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Administrative support
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Closing Date: 2018-09-02