Consultant for Rural Institutions Review in Punjab
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations
depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
This position is consultancy for FAO Representation to Pakistan, based in Lahore. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR), and under direct supervision of Assistant FAOR (Program); the consultant will be assigned specific tasks.
The Proactive engagement and involvement of rural population including small farmers, aarhti (trader), women and youth will be critical for agricultural and rural transformation of Punjab. Various types of formal, informal, traditional and customary groups and institutions that exist in rural Punjab have over time played a significant role in defining, shaping and influencing the social, agricultural and economic landscape across Punjab.
Tasks and responsibilities
FAO Core Competencies
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Candidates with acceptable language certificate/s should upload them when submitting their application. For details, visit http\://www.fao.org/3/I8446EN/i8446en.pdf
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Lahore (Pakistan)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Peace and Development
- Closing Date: 2018-09-24