Internship - Reporting and Communication, SOLVE, Supply Chain Division, Rome, Italy
World Food Programme
Internship – Reporting & Communication
SOLVE Team, Supply Chain Division
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position in the Supply Chain Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The internship will be for an initial period of 6 months.
The SOLVE (Supply Optimization through Logistics Visibility & Evolution) initiative is a multi-stakeholder partnership funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and enabled by WFP to accelerate on-the-shelf availability of health commodities through sustainable solutions across 17 countries by 2020. WFP’s role as enabling partner is leveraging its global supply chain expertise and network to foster engagement with and between public and private spaces to create an efficient nationally-led health supply chain.
Under the supervision of the SOLVE Communications Officer, the Reporting and Communications intern will:
- Support regular reporting activities by collecting and analyzing information provided by country teams and other sources
- Edit project reports and other relevant documents and provide feedback to country teams to improve quality of reporting
- Support staff to ensure standard reporting procedures and templates are utilized
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and briefing materials for partners and high-level meetings
- Assist with the preparation of internal and donor reports
- Support communications activities, including writing material for internal and external audiences
- Perform other duties as required
- Currently enrolled (or recently graduated in the past six months) in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, International Relations or relevant field;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- At least two years undergradutate studies completed;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Working knowledge of French is highly desirable;
- Excellent written communications skills and attention to detail; proficient use of Office package, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Previous experience (either renumerated or non renumerated) in international organizations or in communications roles;
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Closing date: 26 September 2018
VA reference no: 88227
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: Internship
- Communication and Public Information
- Supply Chain
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2018-09-26