Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E ) Senior Officer
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E ) Senior Officer
Wardak Regional Management Office (WRMO) Maidan Wardak Province
Number of Positions:
The position is Open Ended
Salary and benefits according to internal SCA rules
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
Senior Officer will serve as M&E focal point in (Wardak) Regional Office and will be responsible for field visit to SCA intervention areas, providing monitoring and evaluation services including technical assistance in data collection, management and analysis, building capacity of SCA project staff in M&E within their respective coverage area. Promote the integration of results-based management in programmes at the regional level. He/she supports and makes follow-up of Program Quality Monitoring report. M&E Senior Officer reports operationally directly to the Head of Office in the Regional Office, but technically reports to the Planning Monitoring, Evacuation & Reporting Unit (PMER) . The M&E Senior Officer receives technical assistance from the PMER based in Kabul Management Office.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in Social Sciences or equivalent professional Qualifications
- 3-4 years’ relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organization in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills, team player, analytical Experience in planning, reporting and budgeting Ability to train staff on M&E, do basic analysis in MS excel
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered
- Conduct regular field visits and sharing report with action points with the Head of Office
- Support the recruitment and supervision of Program Quality Monitoring and making follow up of the findings of the Program Quality Monitoring exercise
- Provide technical support to project managers in the collection of baseline data.
- Facilitate the implementation of SCA M&E Framework in programme and projects areas.
- Organize and facilitate M&E trainings for SCA programme and project staff and partners
- Organize workshops, seminars and other participatory forums for increasing organizational and staff capacity in RBM
- Provide technical support and guide projects in developing monitoring plans including selecting smart indicators
- Leading in the compilation of the ministry of Economy report
- Provide technical and practical support to project managers and Head of Office in processing and analyzing data for use in reports and writing of internal analyses
- Promote a documentation and learning culture within SCA and provide support in the dissemination of lessons learnt both internally and externally
- Provide technical and administrative support during project evaluations, reviews and studies.
- Monitor/observe of different trainings organized at RMO.
- Taking parts in meetings of RMOs and at KMO when required.
- Provide support in any other related tasks given by the Head of Office and M&E Manager
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Senior Officer .HRM/WRMO 26/018). Otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
© Copyright 2015 Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Wardak (Afghanistan)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2018-10-03