Data Analyst (Retail & Supply Chain) SC 4 - Beirut
Job Title: Data Analyst (Retail & Supply Chain) – SC 4
Duty Station: Beirut, Lebanon Country Office
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Retail Manager and the technical guidance of the Supply Chain Division and Retail Data team in Headquarters, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Locate, define and implement new process improvement opportunities in data quality at various levels (Shops, Software companies, products, field office level and country office level);
- Filter and clean data, review of reports, printouts and performance indicators to support the Retail Engagement;
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports from a variety of Retail data sources to support decision-making;
- With the support of Headquarter’s Retail Analytics Team, develop a Category Management Dashboard to be used by our Monitoring Assistants and Retail Assistants with the contracted shops;
- Acquire data from data sources such as publications, country statistics and external sources on the Retail industry;
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to support Retail strategy and the move to unrestricted cash;
- Produce regular reporting and Dashboard for various stakeholders;
- Work closely with the team to prioritize business and information needs;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of Secondary School Education. University Degree in Statistics, Economics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other related field is a plus.
Experience: At least three (3) years of progressive experience in in the fields of Statistics, Economics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other related fields. Experience/knowledge in Retail or Retail insights regarding data is a plus.
Knowledge and skills :
- Very good command of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, macro functions, advanced functions…);
- Knowledge of SQL; MS SQL Server is a plus;
- Ability to analyze big data;
- Experience using data visualization tools. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Ability to adapt to new requirements when needed
- Ability to adapt to various stakeholders requests.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, and courtesy.
- Mature judgment with good communication and interpersonal skills
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.