Requisition ID: req3372
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Program Coordinator is responsible in charge of technical oversight of the program, including Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, reporting and compliance of projects in all 7 townships of Kayah State. He/ She plays a key role in direct, supervision and capacity building of Kayah Access to Health program-Kayah (PATH-K) staff, managing, monitoring and evaluation of project quality and services in close collaboration with Senior Health Coordinator . He/ She works closely with Senior Health Coordinator and representing IRC as key technical liaison to MoHS and ethnic health group from State to Union level. He/ She is leading IRC Myanmar’s PATH-K project team and its Local partners as the PATH-K Consortium lead.
Technical oversight and strategy
- Oversee and provide technical support on Access to Health program staff and partner organization senior Management team.
- Technical support and supervision on Asst. Program Coordinator and Project Managers on ITHP implementation and financial management.
- Technical support and supervision on development and monitoring of detailed Access to Health program log frames, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plan ensure appropriate in-time program adaptation and achieving expected outputs.
- Provide technical support to the IRC’s PATH-K program team and to partner organization team, to ensure maximum accountability, promoting community engagement, gender mainstreaming and all-inclusive health under Assess to Health program.
- Lead the strategy formulation and designing / revising program as necessary.
- Lead and manage organizing of operational research, evaluation survey and assessments under PATH-K.
- Responsible program human resource management, including staff capacity assessment and annual capacity strengthening plan.
- Oversight and evaluate staff performance, assess quality of activities and provide regular feedback and guidance through regular supervisory meeting and field supportive supervision sessions.
- Lead designing program budget, procurement plan, spending plan, work plan, program monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Oversight quarterly review of expenditures to ensure efficient management of budget versus implementing interventions and adapting the program implementation plan.
- Coordinating with A2H HSS Coordinator – Kayah and IRC Sub Grant team focal person on development and implementation of organizational development plan of partnership organizations.
- Lead drafting of all reports to A2H Fund Management Office, Kayah State and Union MoHS and Kayah State Authority according to template and ensure these reports are produced with the highest quality in a timely manner.
- Technical oversight on monthly and quarterly project review and revision process as per revised and approved implementation plan and budget of each township.
- Provide update on progress and challenges to the IRC senior staff and A2H FMO focal person as necessary.
- Represent the IRC A2H program with MoHS, Ethnic Health Organization, Ethnic Arm Groups and Authority at Kayah State and Union as necessary.
- Technical support Assistant Program Coordinator and project managers on representing and coordinating with different implementing partner organizations, authority, and Township Health Department at Township level.
- Leading A2H Kayah consortium team management and ensure maximum engagement of consortium partner organizations at all stages of program.
- Lead necessary assessment of health and humanitarian needs in the areas.
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as requested by senior management team.
- M.B., B. S, or MD with post graduate degree in Public Health or a related field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in setting up and managing complex maternal and child health, Nutrition, Malaria and TB programs in a humanitarian UN/INGOs/LNG context, and demonstrated high level skills in program and project coordination, management, mentoring and multi-tasking; and an excellent understanding of the contexts of Myanmar.
- Demonstrated and experience on budget management skills and working with LNGO sub-grantees
- Experience and skills in managing and mentoring multidisciplinary health program team in multiple sites within a country program
- Experience in design, implementation and analysis of health program assessments and surveys.
- Good computer literacy and have experience of applying database and research soft-wares.
- Professional demeanor, ability to work under stressful conditions while maintaining perspective and a sense of humor.
- Patience, diplomacy, flexibility, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Have ability to travel extensively to program implementing hard to reach rural areas.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and verbal Myanmar and English skills.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged